Wednesday, January 8, 2020

And Now There Are Three



Three Scrappy Nine Patch Blocks


This first block was made nine months ago and posted  Here
as the seed block for a scrappy BOM endeavor that I did not continue.
I cannot tell you why I did not make any more blocks. 


For this project I pulled out this old stash of fat quarters
and a piece of yardage.
This is a vintage Fig Tree Quilts line called "Fresh Cottons."
I still love the soft and pretty colors and florals.

I liked this Nine Patch block so much it was on my wall since I made it.

I have decide to pull these fabrics out again this year for the 



caught my eye.

The orphan wall flower block called out "Pick Me!" 

Sew I am sewing more nine patch blocks with this stash of pretty fat quarters.

I have until January 2021 to make a  45" by 60" finished quilt to meet the challenge.

I can sew do that!

I am making 12.5" blocks.

I am thinking that after I have enough blocks for a lap size
it may suddenly become a 




... like the one I made Here.
This not my grand-kitty, Pepper, who is a look-alike.
This is Mina Kitty who crossed the rainbow bridge many years ago.
Mina loved this mini version of the quilt.


Right now I am just going to keep sewing these fun and easy scrap blocks.


... and then there were four.

Midnight at the scrapatch and time for sleep.

Maybe tomorrow I will sew more 9 patch blocks.

Maybe some other pretty fabrics will say "Pick me!"

Sweet Quilty Dreams  :-) 

4 comments:

PaintedThread said...

Pretty 9 patches. And what a comfy kitty!

Farm Quilter said...

9Ps are a wonderful way to spend the day!! Comfy kitty on your disappearing 9P! Cats do like quilts!

Kay said...

Beautiful soft colors that will make a beautiful quilt. I'm participating in this challenge also. I'm determined to sew from my stash (only) this year, so I am participating in several of the online stash challenges. So far so good

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi again! I LOVE nine-patch blocks. They are my favorite quick and easy baby quilt to make. This looks like a very fun project to me. I've NEVER made the disappearing 9-patch block or quilt . . . why, I ask myself. I even purchased a kit that has never been opened to make my first one. Hmmm. Maybe sooner than later. ~smile~ Roseanne