Sunday, January 5, 2020

Scrapatch Busting 2020


Block 1 is done for the 



The challenge is to make at least one block per week for 52 weeks.


This event is hosted by Border Creek Station

I also joined the 
to see all the wonderful scrappy quilts in progress.
Sew inspring!


I am committed to some serious  stash busting in the scrapatch for 2020.
I first posted here in "I Has Stash" at the end of December 
about making a plan and setting goals to sew some of my stash this year. 

This means not only sewing my stash but finishing some UFOs 
and quilting a few in in stack of tops ready to be quilted.

This does not mean I will not be acquiring new fabric or starting new projects.

Realistically, I know I could never keep that kind of resolution
I am not keeping track of any kind.
I will still be sewing whatever appeals to my quilty muse on any given day or night.


Last night at 2:00am I completed this quilt top,
started on New Year's Day.

It also includes quite a few scraps  and such from my stash.
Only the animal print was a recent, end of 2019 purchase.

So I have added a new top to the quilty queue.
I am feeling chuffed by this quick and fun quilt adventure to start my Quilty New Year.


I even added some of the scraps from this quilt into this pile of scraps that I pulled for my
Scrapbuster Challenge Quilt.


It will be another bright and colorful quilt
that also includes some of my dark scrap fabrics 
The fabric on the top with the cute sun faces is my color palette for this scrap quilt.


After some dithering, I decided to use white solid scraps for the rows fabric.


This is the layout and effect that I am envisioning here, 
on a much larger scale.


I am using the cuts needed to make 8.5" blocks.

I will be marking my posts that use up my stash or complete a UFO
#scrapatchbusting2020

Are you sewing scrappy and/or busting your stash this year?

I would love to see how you have been inspired 
to sew your stash. 

Happy Scrappy Quilty New Year! 


7 comments:

Dorian said...

Oh nice Pat. I like that pattern/layout. That will be a pretty quilt. I, too, am continuing using my stash. Still working on my second scrappy Irish star quilt. I have a box full of pre-cut scraps, makes it so easy to sew with :) Have a lovely day.

claudia said...

This is going to be a great one to follow! I am in love with the sunshiny fabric. The colors are all so inviting!
Happy New Year to you and your family!

Kathleen said...

You have the prettiest fabrics in your stash! This will be a fun quilt when it's finished.
Kathleen - kakingsbury at verizon dot net

Kay said...

I am definitely scrap busting in 2020, as my scrap stash runneth over. I'm participating in several scrap challenges, so I should be in good shape by the end of this year. And have lots of fun during the year. Happy New YEar

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I think this is a great idea. I may not have as much time to sew, but using up stash sounds like an awesome idea.

Bernie Kringel said...

Like this pattern a lot Pat. It is a great one for a scrappy quilt. This will be so pretty! Also, love your honesty about still starting new projects and new fabrics as you like. It is all so much fun! You are a very busy gal and seem to work on something at least daily. Go Pat go!!

KatieQ said...

The block is a good choice. I prefer a slightly larger block so your 8.5 is perfect.