Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Quilt ~ Love ~ Stitch


More Stitching Happiness :) 

I am making progress on my 




I cannot stitch without my 


Yes, I know it is expensive, but I need this portable bright light
and magnifier to see to stitch.

The photo above shows how close I need to get to my work.

I carry this lamp with me wherever I sit and stitch.

As seems to happen every winter, my eyesight is declining more rapidly again. 

I see my eye doctor every six months and will be seeing him again soon.
There is another surgery that might help prolong my sight,
 but the recovery is longer and I will not be able to do all my daily tasks 
for an extended period and the risks are greater.
I am delaying this surgery in my "bad eye" until such time
as it may be necessary for me to function.
I may never have my "good eye" done 
as I am dependent on this eye for most of my vision.
I use prescription eye drops several times a day,
which are a help.

I take every day one stitch at a time. 

Just keep stitching ... <3 

6 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

Vision issues to someone who needs to create with needle, thread and fabric, are terrifying. Praying for you.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh I would hate that. Your stitching is gorgeous.

sandi s said...

I’m so sorry about your eyesight problems!! We are always happy to find something that lets us enjoy our passions. Hugs,

Dorian said...

You do beautiful work, despite your issues sweetie. Gentle HUGS!! I keep you in my prayers and I hope if you do this surgery, that it really helps you.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

As I grow older and the cataract grows and my fingers become more knarly I worry if some time in the future I will be unable to stitch. I can't imagine what you are going through. I hope your eye doc has some new found solution for you.
xx, Carol

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Yes good light is important especially in the winter months. I pray that they can do something to improve your sight so you can keep stitching