Thursday, January 23, 2020

I Like Thursday # 41 ~ Winter's Gifts


Life has been kind. 
It has been snowy and then a very sunny week here.
It has been cold all week.
The snow has stayed and crunches underfoot.

On Sunday when it snowed, our heat went out three times 
before the repair guy got everything up and running  smoothly again. 
Thankfully it has been warm inside since then.


Last week I missed I Like Thursday 
as I was under the influence of a wintery malaise.
has gone a long way toward lifting my winter blues.


I have mostly spent my time indoors under my daylight lamp
stitching and sewing.

When I am snuggling under the quilts on the cold,
I spend some time enjoying the big online quilt show.
My Free Quilt Pattern Find of the Week ... 


Free Pattern for this new


As you may know I love all things from



I do not sew dolls so I asked a shop to order me one
 of these long legged cat friends.
I am hoping my granddarling will like it. 


This is Maestro meeting the new "cat" in the house.


Maestro gave it "the sniff" ...


... and "the look"  ... 


... and when the new arrival did not hiss or scratch or bite ...


Maestro gave Tilda the " bump nose kitty kiss."

My kitties always make me smile.

I made dresses for the new kitty in the house from this


It was a week of warm winter soups on the stove 
and homemade bread baking in the oven.


This is my new favorite, loaded with mushrooms, onions, garlic, orange bell peppers


and lots of broth and homemade meatballs and Banza Pasta.


This one is chicken and rice, our all time favorite,
made with fresh chicken breasts, homemade chicken broth,
onions, celery, garlic, carrots and herbs.

I am the soup maker in the house.

My hubby and I both make bread.


Mr Scrapatch also made this wonderful homemade deep dish
 Cast Iron Skillet Pizza 



 Very yummy!  

I am hoping he makes this again this weekend 
and puts lots of veggies on it.

I love the scents of winter with soups simmering and homemade bread in the oven.



Linking up with  the  
and enjoying life's kindnesses and blessings.

Happy Thursday! 

11 comments:

Dorian said...

Mmmm, I bet your scrapatch smelled wonderful this week! I, too, did more baking, as it's been cold here as well :) Both bread and pizza, soup and stew. LOL Winter comfort food. Have a love ly day.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Lots of fun things to like this week. Thanks for the share of the freebie. Glad you got out of the winter malaise.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You have some yummy things going on at your house, Pat! I love your new cat friend, too, and I bet grand-darling will, too!

Farm Quilter said...

I love the picture of your Winter Blues sashiko with the vase in the snow - perfect backdrop!! Your new kitty is adorable...I really struggle with making stuffies after making quilts for the last 12 years!! Laughing at Maestro's reaction. Your house does smell good with all that goodness going on in the kitchen! Makes me want to bake bread and make soup! My feet are freezing even with the temp in the house sitting at 75...ugh!

PaintedThread said...

I love the Sashiko stitching. I very much like the Kindness saying. The soup and pizza look delicious! (hope you're feeling better)

Michele McLaughlin said...

awwwwww loved the photo of the kitty with the toy! That kindness saying is fantastic! Have a wonderful day!

Shannon said...

Your cat interacting with the cute cat you made is fabulous! He looks just really a bit suspicious!

Marian said...

It was great seeing Maestro enjoying the doll and that was a funny story.. I love the projects and thank you for the pattern... I love it, want to try it myself.. Thank you!!

Marian said...

Strange my comment didn't post... ok... I'll try it again... :) Loved seeing Maestro be so playful with the doll.. I had a little laugh over that one... I also loved the sashiko like project, I've always been intrigued by Sashiko. I also enjoyed the mountain pattern, and appreciated the point towards the free pattern. Thank you

LA Paylor said...

I loved the series of pics of Maestro. The doll is adorable, who wouldn't like it in that dress??? yum soup and bread. Good for you to use daylight bulbs. My studio in MD was all full spectrum bulbs, and it was my happy place for many reasons. Here the window lights up the small room luckily. I made dolls a long time, and it's kind of fun to make little fabric sculptures.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! Aww, I love the photo of Maestro and the new kitty nose bumping. Addison and Sue do nose bumping all the time - Sue says Eskimo, Eskimo, Eskimo and Addison leans in to rub noses. It is so darn cute. Sometimes Addison starts the Eskimo rub. Thanks for the link to the new pattern. It sure does look like mountains and trees covered with snow. Happy Sunday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne