Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Sewing (and Quilting) Simply Joy



I made this soft and lovely floral Nine Patch Block
a few days ago.

It is for a Block of the Month sew a long on a Facebook group that I belong to,

Weekend Quilters

I am an everyday quilter these days but I enjoy all the lovely inspiration and
the rules by which this group abides.
It is very friendly and supportive.

The BOM Info posted a link to this very helpful 

Nine Patch Cutting Chart and Tutorial @ New Quilters

This is a good site.
I am not a new quilter but there are always new things learn.
Following their chart, I decided to
 up-size to a 12.5" unfinished block
because I want to make a lap quilt.


For this project I pulled out this stash of fat quarters
and a piece of yardage.
This is an old Fig Tree Quilts line called Fresh Cottons.
I love the soft and pretty colors and florals.
I have some "Fig Tree Cream" Bella solid yardage from Moda
to use as background, too.

Sometimes is is fun to just sew an easy, old favorite block.


Quilting Progress Day # 2

I am still feathering my flower petals on my quilting machine.
I have the center done and am working upwards toward the top.

Tonight and tomorrow I need to catch up on some piecing.

One of the good things about having a long arm is I do not have to change the setup on my regular machine to go from piecing to quilting.

I am a happy quilter.

What are you working on today?

2 comments:

Suze said...

It's refreshing to do an old block from time to time. Great job! Your longarm quilting is phenomenal, too!

Kay said...

I've been thinking I wanted to do a simple nine-patch scrappy. You have just sent me a lovely reminder. Time to play in my fabrics. Thank you