Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Goodness Grows ~ Block #1 ~ Sew Sampler


This is Block #1 of the 


Here are the pieces for my block.

I bought the kit fabrics because I love Corey Yoder's fabrics and patterns.
I did make a change.

Block pieces A - 2 are my own variation.

I wanted to accent the star formed by the diamond blocks around the center square
so I added a favorite yellow Corey Yoder fabric from my stash. 


Receiving this big beautiful kit box was like my birthday came early.
This is actually an early birthday present that I will enjoy all year.
The Aurifil thread pack was an add on.
Hints are that there are some applique blocks this year so
I opted to get the thread pack, too, as these colors are lighter 
than most of my Aurifil threads.


Opening the kit box was even better.


It is sew nice to open and untie the carefully wrapped bundles
of these beautiful fabrics.


This block is 15.5 unfinished and was easy to sew.
I opted to do my usual cutting corners method
rather than drawing lines as stated in the instructions.


Nutmeg was very helpful today in all aspects of the making of this block.


There are quite a few HSTs made from the cut aways.
Nutmeg and I need to figure out how best to use them.


This block has the Nutmeg "Paw of Approval."


Looking forward to next month's block already!


No comments: