Thursday, May 9, 2019

I Like Thursday # 11 ~ Paws On


"Hello! 
Quilty Kitty Maestro here.
I am just checking the back of Mommy's quilting for her."


"The back is looking good. 
No tension issues.
Mommy, your bestest Quilty Kitty inspector says you may proceed."


"Most of the actual quilty kitty work around here is being done by me.
I am The Maestro!"


"Big Sister Katniss mostly just curls up in the basket Mommy put there 
and purrs and looks pretty."


"Little Sister Nutmeg is trying to tell Mommy here that
Katniss will not let her have a turn in the basket.
Mommy tells us we are supposed to respect Katniss
'cause she is older.  I am real good about that
but Nutmeg thinks she should be top cat sometimes.
I don't mind because I like every body,
and I am the boss of me."


"Nutmeg decided to look out the window
while I stayed on the job." 


"I take my job as quilty kitty very seriously.
Here I am testing the bungees that hold the clamps in place.
Mommy says she needs these to keep the backing flat and taut."


"Mommy says we are making good progress.
We only have one big corner left to quilt.
We had to wind more bobbins today.
I like bobbins but Mommy won't let me play with them.
These bobbins are big metal ones 
and she says they will hurt my teeth if I chomp them.
There are lots of rules about this new quilting machine.
I try to be good, but there is so much fun stuff to explore.
Mommy will not even let me play by myself in here anymore."


"Mommy, where are you going?
Why did you turn off my favorite new machine?
Do you want me to stay here and keep guard tonight?
No???"


"I tried to sneak under the quilt again and hide but Mommy found me.
Mommy says tomorrow is another good day for quilting
and that I can help!"


"Then Mommy said she was tired,
so I offered go on her computer and update her blog for her
so she can rest and is all ready to enjoy the


I like Thursdays.

Did I do a good job?

Happy Thursday!" 

12 comments:

margaret said...

loving your blogs at the moment the cats definately tell a good tale and your quilting is beautifully done

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You have a very dedicated helper righ there. Love how you just dove right into the whole process and this is a beautiful panel to play with.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Your assistants all have important jobs.i can see the beautiful work you accomplish with them helping

Julierose said...

Oh lucky you with all that quilting help!! ;))) Just adorable pictures...thank you for a smile-giving post --beautiful work... hugs, Julierose

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Maestro is such a fun kitty, and what a great take over! Your quilt is turning out gorgeous.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! OMG - Maestro and Katniss both look so at home - I adore the basket shot!! And poor Nutmeg - the window is fun but not as much fun as the basket. Poor kitties can't chew on the bobbins - how mean is that?! ~smile~ Roseanne

LA Paylor said...

well, now that you had a thorough cat scan, good luck with the finish, it's just gorgeous. Luckily your snoopervisors are very helpful

Shannon said...

Your kitty supervisors are fabulous. I'm so glad they were there to help you, I can't imagine you could get through without them. :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I've enjoyed your last few posts about the new machine! Looks like you are getting lots of help learning all about it. :) Your Dream Big is going to be beautiful!

PaintedThread said...

LOL! Quite the kitty supervisors! What a fun post. Your quilting is lovely. And that machine looks fun to use! Great photos.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

My gosh, those kitties are doing such a great job...those feathers are turning out so beautifully under their watchful eyes.
I love the block you are making in your last post...such pretty pastels.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love how your cats like helping you! I also have 2 kitties that love to help me when I'm using my longarm! Molly likes to sit on the quilt as I'm trying to quilt it! Maybe she thinks it's a hammock! Beautiful quilting!