Thursday, May 30, 2019

I Like Thursday # 14 ~ I Like Red


Red is a Neutral  ~ Can this be true? 

For April's Fools Day, 
declared



It was a joke.

Or was it?

On January 15, 2019, the 



had already published their

Red is a Neutral AHIQ Invitation

Since then their members have posted some amazing

#AHIQRed Quilts

These quilts are not jokes.

I am not a member of this group,
but I am sew inspired and intrigued.


I have these fabrics calling to me.

Maybe red is my next neutral.


This happy idea is stamped with the Nutmeg "Paw of Approval"


I like my new "happy" tin of binding clips.

I bought this Here on Amazon 



because I kept emptying my clip box while I was

Facing This Quilt



The red cherries and polka dots make me happy.

I like it so much that that I have made it into my
"Happy I Like Thursday"  icon ... see below.


I like my Maestro sitting with me this morning, each in our favorite red chairs.
She is trying to get my attention.


 Maestro loves her morning petting ritual
in our matching red chairs.



I have two of these chairs from the time
 when one was in my sewing room and one at my desk.
I bought the red ones because they were the cheapest color at the time on Amazon.
They are drafting chairs and adjust to counter height.
I apparently like the extra height even though I am not a tall woman.
I have my long arm adjusted higher than usual according to the man who set it up.
It helps ease my back pains.

Since it is Thursday I am going to journey over to visit the creative





I Like Thursday Bloggers @ Not Afraid of Color

and see what inspiring posts they are sharing.

I am also interested in hearing what they think about this
" Red As Neutral" colorful idea.

Happy Thursday!  


10 comments:

sewyouquilt2 said...

Red as a neutral....i like

Julierose said...

Always fun to try out those "New Neutrals"...i wonder what color the next one will turn out to be....hugs, Julierose

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh no I am a quilting rebel. To me any color can be a neutral depending on what I am making. Love your red chairs and your clip tin.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Thanks for the advice in the last post, btw.
Yes, red can be a neutral or at least I've read that a few times. I dont' wear red but I am drawn to it in quilting I must admit. I adore that tin being a polka dot lover as well and a lover of tins too. Happy stuff!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi again Pat! I love RED - all shades, all things. I've found that most colors can be called a neutral depending on the setting. I'd enjoy the daily attention with Maestro - both of you enjoy it, I can see! And I love your new Happy Every Day tin. It's the perfect icon for these Thursday posts. I'll have to look for something myself to jazz up these weekly posts. ~smile~ Roseanne

Ann said...

All your red fabric glows and those red drafting chairs. Oh, my. I'd love them. Please join in whenever you want with any AHIQ invitations. You're always welcome.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

love your tin and those red chairs--and it really does look like Maestro loves his chair too!! and red always makes me feel happy too--
luv, di

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like red, too, and have been seeing some of those "Red as a Nrutral" quilts from that group. It's fun to think about making a quilt with red as the *background* color, but I can't quite picture it yet! Your Happy tin is so fun - I like it!

PaintedThread said...

Love those reds! (In fact I have a few of them). But I can't imagine them as neutrals, though. Oh, all those binder clips. I may need to get more. :-)

LA Paylor said...

I think red is a neutral, I mean both cats go with it, and what color doesn't look good with it? Maestro is cute, reminds me of Milo who has discovered the joy of a chair. He saw his friend Murphy jump up on the sofa, so he tried and liked it too. I love those two chairs and your studio looks so good in the photo
LeeAnna