Thursday, May 16, 2019

I LIke Thursday # 12 ~ The Creative Process



I like finishing a project.

Hanging my first quilted project from my new long arm
on my dining room "studio" wall fills my heart with joy.
This started as a panel purchased when I needed a little spring in the dark of winter.
I picked this one because I liked the soft colors and the light in the center
of this digitally printed flower design.
It was a seed in my stash, waiting to be nourished.


I like starting a new project. 

This one is a second version of the Block of the Week
sew-along happening at the
Canadian Quilters' Association 

I saw this new


Kindred Spirits @ Riley Blake Designs

and I knew I had to make a "Canadian" quilt with this.
Anne of Green Gables  is one of my favorite books.
Green gables was a place my imagination visited many times as a child.
I stared this quilt Here

Very often my creative ideas are inspired by places in my mind.



I like the middle of the project ...

even when I have my seam ripper in my hand I am creating.

"Un-Quilting" this quilting started here.
This quilt was started last summer but I got caught in the weeds
while I was trying to quilt it on my regular sewing machine
and it spent the winter half quilted and hidden in my quilt closet.
It was time to take out the seam ripper and continue the process
by taking out the failed quilting so this may be finished on my long arm.

The kitties are trying to help me along and keep me on track with this one ...


Maestro helps while Katniss supervises from the basket on the archway.


Nutmeg looks a bit concerned here and is questioning me about my slow stitch removal.
Katniss has moved closer to better supervise from the back of the chair.


Katniss decides it is time for a closer look.


Katniss has clearly decided that close supervision has become
necessary to this part of the de-stitching process.

I am working on it, kitties!

While I am working on it I am thinking about what to create next.

Thinking and visualizing is an important part of this process.

I like thinking about and studying the creative process.

So when I saw a "test" for
"my creative type"
I had to check it out.

It told me ... 

"Your are the Artist
Seeing beauty, creating beauty

Ability to bring ideas and concepts to life"


Thanks for the link to 
Ynonne @ Quilting Jetgirl


I like everything about the creative process.
Creating is a journey.

Sharing is another important part of the creative process.


I like sharing so I will be posting a tutorial on how I faced the binding
on my Dream Big Quilt soon.

Since it is Thursday I am going to journey over to visit the creative

I Like Thursday Bloggers @ Not Afraid of Color

and see what inspiring posts they have to share today.

Inspiration is an important part of the creative process.

I like to be inspired.


Happy Thursday!  :-) 



11 comments:

margaret said...

what a wonderful wallhanging looks super. The cats are such a help with your unpicking!

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love your wallhanging and your quilt supervisors. They seem very thorough

Julierose said...

Love your quilting--nice to have helpers ;))) hugs, Julierose

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

The wallhanging turned out awesome. As I was looking at your pics of the kitties the one with Katniss my thought was she looked like she was saying, "hooman you clearly need more supervision."

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What a breathtaking finish it is!
I wish I had the piecing skills to take part in that Canadian qal. Last year the blocks were too tough for my patience. Your fabric is just beautifully suited. The Anne books were favourites of mine too and I loved the series on Netflix. Did you catch it?

claudia said...

I did the creative type test. I'm the Visionary, imagining the impossible. Yep, it definitely is me.
I don't know what you would do without your helpers. Perhaps that is what I need to get my Vision into reality!
I just love the panel you did. I need to get one for myself, I just can't figure out which color as the walls I have to hang one on are such odd colors. I love purple, but that doesn't look good on my wall colors. Such a dilemma! Ha! Ha!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! Oh boy, did the whole quilt project turn out great or what?!! Wowee - when you get tired of looking at it (as if!) I'll be happy to give it a good home. I adore those photos of the kitties. Apparently you do not rip out often as it was definitely a foreign activity to them. ~smile~ Roseanne

PaintedThread said...

I love how that flower came out! The colors! The quilting! All so lovely. Oof - happy ripping!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Dream Big quilt looks wonderful! Although it's no fun to rip out quilting, I'm sure you'll be happier with the other quilt after you redo it on your long arm, too. That Kindred Spirits fabric is so sweet - what a fun quilt it will make!

Needled Mom said...

That is a beautiful piece. The quilting really brings that panel to life.

LA Paylor said...

nutmeg and maestro... the two best companions. I noted the help with a seam ripper. Beauty all over your blog, now I'm caught up!
Leeanna