Monday, May 6, 2019

My Quilting Adventures ~ Up and Running

There she is!

My new beauty is up and running.

We actually had to move the rest of the shelf units out of the room.
Some will go back in,
 but as you can see the 8 foot frame and 20 inch machine, carriage, table and frame
take up most of the floor space in this small bedroom.

I did load a practice piece on the frame.

Then it was time for dinner and a rest.

When I went back to the room two hours later here is what popped up 
when I turned on the light ...


Maestro says, " Hi, Mommy! I like this new cat hammock!" 


"I can really stretch out here." 


"Mmmmm ... I love it!"
:: lick ... lick ::
Maestro is very affectionate.


"Thank you, Mommy!" 


I moved the cat and tucked my new baby in with an old quilt.


The cat came back.
I moved the cat again.
I tucked baby in again ...
...  and tucked the kitty under my arm ...
and closed the door.

Otherwise, at Midnight, when I go check on my new baby

... because that is what you do with a new baby, right? ...


I might find the Midnight Quilt Stalker has possessed my machine.

To Be Continued ... 

11 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Enjoy this beautiful baby! My furkids are only allowed in the long-arm room while I am there - they nap in a box. They are shut out when I'm not using it just for this reason.

Sherry said...

Your new baby looks fantastic. Looking forward to hearing more of your quilting adventures. Happy Quilting!!

Liz Horgan said...

Congratulations!! You'll have so much fun!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh my that made me laugh. You and Maestro may need to have a come to Jesus talk soon. Have fun with the new baby and the jealous one.

Barb Neiwert said...

My grandkitty does the exact same thing when I am catsitting her. Drives me crazy! Certainly don't want cat hair on customers' quilts. Closing the door was the only way to keep her out. Good luck with your dilemma, and enjoy your new baby!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Yep--I do believe that kitty thinks that is his new toy and bed--
happy quilting!!!
luv, di

O'Quilts said...

just wonderful...all of it

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! Big huge congrats!!! How cool is that??? Oooh, I can hardly wait to hear about these adventures. And Maestro - well, he knows a good thing when he sees it. I can just see you going to the door with him under your arm. Closing the door? I can only imagine what Maestro thought. Hmph. She thinks a closed door will deter me?! Maybe temporarily. ~smile~ Roseanne

Teresa said...

Wishing you much quilting enjoyment on your new machine. Hmmm..Maestro seems to be enjoying it as well.

Laura said...

Exciting. Enjoy the learning!

Farm Quilter said...

Cats and longarms seem to be an irresistible attraction!! Have fun keeping the cat out while you are quilting!!!