Friday, May 17, 2019

My Un-Quilting Adventures ~ Part 2 ~ De-Threading





Unquilting a Quilt ~ Part 2 ~ De-Threading

What was I thinking ? 


The quilting  was


It is now 2:00pm 
and I have been working on removing all the loose threads 
since my first cup of coffee this morning.

I have tried a variety of things, including a spin in the dryer on no-heat for the backing.

The best tool is the seam ripper with the rubberized ends.
I will be buying another one of these. 

What am I thinking?

I am thinking it is time for another cup of coffee.



On to the next step ... de-threading by roller. 

It will all be worth it in the end ... :-) 

4 comments:

Julierose said...

What a job!;000; hang in there--you need at the very least a cup of java....
Hugs, Julierose

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh if I was closer I would come and pick threads with you. I wonder if those sponges that take cat hair off of stuff would work?

Needled Mom said...

Oh shoot! No fun at all.

claudia said...

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser?
I don't envy you this task, but on the other hand, it's kind of like meditation, if you can get your head into that groove. I say just relax and have fun with it!