Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Suddenly Summer


Summer has arrived and these summery sea fabrics
have landed on my cutting table.

The long weekend became a blogging break.

It also turned into a break from sewing.

I did not get my patriotic project done ... hmmm, maybe by July? 

Memorial Day Weekend was very nice,  mostly sunny, breezy, cool at night.

Mr Scrapatch and I scratched in the dirt a lot and planted and weeded and mulched.

We were in sweatshirts for our backyard barbecue late in the afternoon

Yesterday the temperatures soared over 20 degrees
and the sudden need for cooler air inside called for quick placement
of our window air conditioners.
There is one more that needs be put in the kitchen window
which will be the Hubs after work job.
Plans are also to go to get milk at the dairy so there will also be ice cream cones.

Anyway, today I am looking to be in an cool place, like

I shall have to settle for these pretty fabrics ... 




There is a free pattern for this fabric line here ...


I do have a panel.

I also have a few fat quarters  from this bundle ... 




Today, though, I only have the various size cuts of yardage on my table.

Now what shall I be making with this?

After much dithering today, I have a plan! 

Hope to have more to show you soon. 

2 comments:

sue s said...

I had to listen to the Beatles! I didn't remember that one, but my hubby started singing it right away.

Scrapatches said...

Thanks, Sue, for leaving a comment today. This one really made me smile ... :-) Pat