Monday, May 4, 2020

May the 4th Be With You! ~ Meet The Designer


For Star Wars Day
I thought it would be fun to write a
"Meet the Designer" post.
and show The Girl behind the mask in the

So grab your favorite "caf" of choice and




My daughter, Marissa, is an active Star Wars Cosplayer for Charity
and is a member of the Rebel Legion and 501st.

She made the above video for the 



Since I teased you with the promise of the face behind the mask ...


... here is My Girl in action in her Rey costume.


Here she is in her prequel trilogy Handmaiden costume,
for which she won a local design award one year.

These fabrics are all hand dyed and details are hand stitched.
Marissa does all her sewing and costume making and quilting on
a small portable machine we bought her for grad work apartment,


 Janome Platinum 720.
This photo was taken in my home in 2012 when I borrowed her machine
while mine was in the spa.

I am amazed at the volume of work and complex sewing she has accomplished
on this basic machine.

She does much of her design work on her Silhouette Cameo and her laptop.
She does not have a quilting design software program.

Me and My Girl had hoped to have the next block in the series for you today,
but life has been happening and we have had other commitments
so we are still working behind the scenes on the next block
 and hope to have it for you soon.

Until then ....

May The Force Be With You! 



1 comment:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

A very talented woman just like her mother.