Friday, February 9, 2024

Fabulous Fabric Friday ~ Free Pattern Friday

 

Today I enjoyed these special Tilda Fabrics from my stash:

Windy Day ... have only charm pack and one fat quarter,

Gardenlife ... charm pack ( do I really not have more?),

Cotton Beach ... two small fat quarter bundles, charm pack and two half yards,

Maple Farm ... small fat quarter bundle and three one-yard  prints.


I have never cut into these fabrics before but today I snipped

a few small pieces of these treasures

to add some Maple Farm to my 2024 Temperature Quilt

This little tree combines this lovely pink print with one of the light blues.

It was a gray afternoon today so difficult to show the true colors,

but I really do not think that Tilda Fabrics colors photograph well. 

The colors are soft but they look a bit washed out here.

Tilda Fabrics are best enjoyed in hand.

I hope to add a little bit of every Tilda Collection that I have to this quilt. 


I hope to someday make a small quilt with each of these collections

when I quilty muse decides I must sew them. 

I have always loved this free pattern for Maple Farm:

Maple Farm Windflower Pillow

and this lovely ... 

Free Tilda Windflower Quilt Pattern

Maybe someday.

It would be hard to find the fabrics now and they would be quite expensive,

but I could use what I have and add other fabrics from my stash.


Do you have some fabrics in your stash 

that you are just not sure you want to cut?


2 comments:

Joanne said...

Yes, photographing Tilda to get the best results is challenging. I try for a sunny moment to capture the true colours.
I'm using pre 2024 Tilda collections that I have from the past few years to make " Ode to Tilda" with Pat Sloans block Wednesday " What's in my closet" . Yesterday I used Windy days for block 3 :)

Gretchen Weaver said...

Those Tilda fabrics are beautiful! Happy stitching!