Friday, February 16, 2024

Free Pattern Friday ~ Made & Found Sew Along


 I Made & Found Block One.

This was very much a spontaneous quilty happening.


I saw an announcement for this new free sew along on my IG feed 

during my morning coffee break and signed up,

 found some fabric, cut and sewed.


Usually I dither when I see a new sew along.

I tell myself I do not have time,

that I have too many projects in the works,

that I have too many UFOs in my closets.

Maybe I will think about fabric.

Then  I will dither over fabric.

Maybe start to pull out a few fabrics,

soon to be too many choices.

Then I will maybe take a photo or two of my possible choices.

Then I will dither some more.

Then I will talk myself out of it or put it aside to haunt me awhile

before it sinks to the back of my consciousness 

and to the bottom of my fabric piles around my sewing corner

and eventually gets put away when I clean up. 

Not today.



Today I pulled together this fabric plan in a matter of minutes.

It did help that I have started my spring cleaning and the basket 

with the Kona Solids precuts surfaced.

It did help that the Alison Glass Sunprints 2023 charm pack 

was near my pressing board for some unknown reason. 

It did help that when I thought ... hmmm ... background? ... 

that I walked directly to a fabric storage cube, opened it

and my hand landed on this good sized cut of

Thatched Blizzard,

which every time I see it I fall in love with the bright textural tones,

and every time touch it I am in love with the thick feel of the fabric again.

It is just my most favorite bright white background fabric, ever.

It felt like quilty magic happening.


My kitty quilty helpers did not agree

 because it was only a few minutes until their lunch time

 and my hungry kitties do not like to wait.

Maestro expressed her displeasure to my getting ready to cut and sew

by attacking the fabric.

I promised my kitties I would be quick.

I was 37 minutes from "thinking about fabric" to "finishing the block."

But, I was 9 minutes late to feeding the hungry horde of cats

meowling around my feet and jumping on my sewing space.



Maestro expressed her displeasure by attacking the block

 when I went to snap a photo.


I smoothed it out and snapped.

This is the tail ... er, tale ... of my block

and my new quilty start.


If you wish to sew along ... 



... here is the link to join in this free quilt along:

Made & Found @ Alison Glass

Blocks are sent directly to your email after you sign up.

I am looking forward to next week's block.

Back to regularly scheduled quilty plans for the day.

It is still cold and windy here.

Mr. Scrapatch had to clean snow off the car and steps and walk again today.

Not much, but it flurried  heavily overnight.

Mr. Scrapatch has a long weekend and Monday off. 

Hopefully, we will get some more spring cleaning done inside.

The yard is another matter, covered in leaves from last fall 

and fallen debris from winter storms.

Major yard clean up commencing soon, 

if it does not blizzard in March.


I shall be staying in this weekend and stitching 


Have a Happy Quilty Weekend! 



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like Made&Found was meant to be! I love your block.
Kathleen - kakingsbury at verizon dot net

Gretchen Weaver said...

Enjoy your new sew-along, happy stitching!

Chantal said...

I LOVE the fabric you chose for this block. It is so bright and cheerful. Enjoy the new project! ;^)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Another interesting block! Beautiful fabrics and I am tempted by this new sew along. Our time is our own to do what we please but I know what you mean about the angst of more starts than finishes...at least for me that is the case!