Thursday, February 29, 2024

I Like Thursday ~ Fabric, Friends and Fun

 


My first flag block for the 


United Block Exchange 2024 @ Olie & Evie

 is sewn and ready.

The swap closes tonight at midnight, Mountain Time, I think.


Never have I ever starched fabrics,

but I did now to follow the guidelines for this swap.

I washed, dried, then soaked my fabrics in a 50/50% solution

 of Best Press and water and hung them to dry again.

Tuesday was warm enough to hang them outside that day.


Then it got very breezy, so I had to finish drying inside.


Then I pressed and started to cut and sew.


I must admit that this method does make the fabrics very flat,

eliminates the normal stretch distortion,

and is very nice to the touch to work.

That said, I think I will never, ever go to this extent

to prepare fabrics for making my quilts again.


I have also been sewing my daily temperature quilt tree blocks.

I write the date on the seam on the back with a permanent fabric marker.


I now have the fourth row done and the fifth begun.

Our temperatures have been changing rapidly of late.

I discovered two days ago that I made an error on my 

color chart for this quilt and left off the 60 degrees Fahrenheit. 


So I updated my chart to make 60F to 69F yellow.

Then I changed up the upper temperature colors.

Last night it was cold with a biting wind.

Today it barely went above freezing,

but the wind chill made it feel much colder.


Good weather to stay in and sew I did.

Progress has also been appliqueing my Dresden Plates.

This is a slow process as I slow down my machine and use a smaller stitch 

so I only do about one block a day. 

 


Yesterday was monthly lunch day with my friends.

I am usually asked to bring dessert and February

is Homemade Chocolates for dessert.

I blend my own milk chocolate.


This year I made Milk Chocolate Nonpariels,
Cashew Caramel Clusters, 
Orange Creams
and, as always requested, Raspberry Creams.

I only make these when I am going to give most of them away
as they are yummy, but they are  oh, so sweet.


Linking up today with my friends at


Hope you are having a Happy Thursday!


2 comments:

Dorian said...

What a cute way of making a flag Pat! Those goodies look yummy :)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Lovely post that ended on such a mouthwatering note! I've never prepped fabric at all...give it a spritz with Best Press sometimes but that's about it. Pretty block, Pat.