Saturday, February 10, 2024

Scrappy Saturday ~ Calling All Scraps

 


Scrappy Quilters, do you do this, too?

When I am sewing, I take odd bits of fabric from my scrap basket 

by my machine and and sew them together to make a usable piece. 

For the temperature quilt Pine Tree blocks, I get these triangle 

scraps I do not like to toss them in the trash.


So I use them as leaders and enders while I sew.


I can cut these down to the 2" by 1.5" pieces

 that I need for the trunks of my trees. 

Adding some Old Rose to my scrappy tree quilt. 

It reached 49 degrees F today,  barely missing the predicted 60 mark.

There is a winter snow storm in the forecast for next week

and temperatures dropping well below freezing again.

Sewed two more tree trunks pieced from scraps. 

I figure it is a scrappy quilt anyway, so why not use all my scraps.

I do not mind the slightly off look and extra seams.


Do you do this, too? 


No comments: