Friday, February 23, 2024

Made & Found Free Quilt Along ~ Block 2 ~ Free Pattern Friday


 Here is my Block @ for the Made & Found Quilt. 

This is a free quilt along from the

 Andover Fabric Designers 

I am receiving these blocks in my email.

Sign-Up Here for Made & Found


For this quilt I am using my Alison Glass fabrics and solids from my stash

and Thatched Blizzard for my background fabric.


Here are my first two blocks.

This is looking like a very warm colored quilt right now.

Since this Kona Solids bundle was my starting point for this quilt,

it looks like there will be some blues and cool lavenders, too,

in the future blocks.

Time will tell.


Since on Friday, I like to talk about free pattern finds,

I am also posting this link: 



The patterns are fabric collection specific,

so if you are looking for a particular designer's free patterns,

use the "Collection" search box in the upper right. 


For traditional fabrics, one of my favorite designers is


Edyta Sitar is hosting another free mystery quilt.

Click on the link below for her 

Birthday Quilt 2024 ~ Free Mystery Here

Block 8 has just been released.

Scroll downward to find all the blocks in reverse order.

I am not sure if I will sew along.

The blocks are looking very interesting

and her mystery quilts are always very beautiful.


Today was very cool and rainy and I was feeling very achy.

No hand sewing for my arthritic fingers today.

The weekend is forecast to be sunny but temperatures will be dropping again.

Winter is still very much here.


May you have a happy stitching and sewing weekend!.



2 comments:

Dorian said...

Your blocks are looking nice Pat. I'm enjoying watching them come together. I don't usually sew sample style quilts, with just one of each block in them. But I do enjoy Edyta's quilts so wanted to give this one a try. There are bonus applique blocks too, so that's fun. Have a lovely day.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You have used that special fabric in such a wonderful way, Pat. I just love to see these blocks. Thanks for the links too. Sunny but cold here in my corner of Ontario. But the days are noticeably longer so inching to spring.