Monday, March 15, 2021

Best Quilt Tip Ever ~ #IGQuiltFest2021 ~ Day 15


"There are no mistakes in quilting,

only design opportunities."

~

Best Quilt Tip Ever

#IGQuiltFest2021 ~ Day 15


I am attributing this quote to the young woman in the green shirt,

 on left in back row, Jessica Smith,

because she reminded me of it often 

while I was stressing over small sewing misteps.

This photo was taken at a Quilt & Needle Retreat in Texas, 2010.

This was a mystery quilt weekend and Jess was also the designer.

Jess encouraged quilters to find explore their own creativity.

This quilt started at the retreat as a mystery quilt and was completed at home 

where I designed my own borders using what was left of the fabric 

and the pieces of panel signed by my friends at this retreat. 

   ~

This quilt hangs now on the wall in my quilting room.  

It reminds me of the quilting friends who have encouraged me

and supported me and taught me to see each missed stitch along the way

in a positive and forward thinking way.

~

May all your misteps be design opportunities in the making.

~

Happy Quilting! 



4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I always have to stop guild members who compare - "may work isn't as good as theirs". I remind them we all had our beginnings, had to find our 'nitch', and to keep learning.

Rebecca said...

I always referred to that as
"design on the fly"

Scrapatches said...

I am always learning, Sharon, ... that I have sew much more to learn ... :) Pat

Scrapatches said...

"Design on the Fly" ... I like that one! Thanks, Rebecca ... :) Pat