Sunday, March 21, 2021

#IGQuiltFest2021 ~ Day 21 ~ Favorite Block



This is my favorite block

which I have turned into a blog button.

I made this pillow in 2019 for this

My Favorite Block Blog Hop Post


This used to be a free BOM block pattern from AZPatch

but, sadly, this site has gone "poof" forever.


I made the block in my blog button in 2008 as a center medallion for a 

Round Robin quilt.

Here is what it looked like after my friends added their lovely borders.

This quilt top in not quilted.  

At that time, I was quilting all my quilts on my small Brother sewing machine and I was not sure how to quilt around the pretty prairie points in the outer border.

I have learned so much more about quilting then.

I really need to dig this treasure out of my closet and finish it this year.


Since the pattern is no longer available on the free site,

I will also write up and post a tutorial with cutting instructions,

if I do not find the block on any other site.

I am thinking to make a new blue, yellow and green bed quilt with this block.

The quilt will probably not happen until early summer 

as I have lots of projects in the queue,

but I may play with the block soon. 

~

Today it is sunny and getting warm and spring-like.

I am enjoying the day and working on my blog hop project.

Looks like I may have a finished project.

Wish me luck.

Have a happy and blessed Sunday!



3 comments:

Chantal said...

Yes, please. I would love to have the cutting instructions for this beautiful block. Thank you for doing this for us. ;^)

dq said...

Cutest pillow EVER! I really love the binding fabric too!

Dorian said...

I've always liked your blog button, it's so pretty. I'm looking forward to your tutorial on the block.