Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Salt and Sand Blog Hop ~ My Day



Welcome!
Here is my newest project. 



I bought these fabrics at


I knew I wanted to make something in these fabrics as soon as I saw the announcement for this





The pattern is by
and it is easy to follow with good illustrations.


I have cut the sides for all three size buckets from 
1 and 1/4 yards of This Large Print Fabric.
I believe I also have enough 2.5" strips for the bindings, too.

I did not buy the bucket pattern last year, as I feel all thumbs making 
bags and buckets and it was sold out at my local shop.
Note to self: "buy it when you see it."

  I decided that these would be a perfect gift for someone I love,
 so I decided to give these fabric buckets a try for this blog hop.


Since I did not have the pattern, 
the webbing for the handles,
or the Bosal In R Form foam stabilizer ... 

I  recently ordered these online for this project from:

The pattern was included in the kit and the fabrics were all neatly marked. 

I purchased the webbing and the stabilizer separately. 

I definitely recommend this stablizer for this project
as it has much better form than the soft iron-on stabilizer I had on hand.

I could have tried making fabric handles, but I wanted my gift to have 
as sturdy and professional look as I could manage.


These are the fabric pieces for Medium Size Bucket.
The brown rock print is the bottom fabric for all three buckets.
The lining fabrics are from the other prints in the fabric line.


Sewing the webbing for the handles was a task for my heavy dual feed foot
 on my Jannome 6600p.
I would not attempt this bucket project without a good walking foot.


I am pleased with how these worked up.


Following the directions is not too difficult 
but this process is time consuming for me
as I can only sew in small increments
and then I have to rest my eyes again.


So far I have only completed the medium bucket
but I have the side panels for the small and large buckets
 cut and fused and ready to quilt. 

I hope to make the next two buckets this week.

Yesterday, I received the Johnson & Johnson One-Dose Covid vaccine
and my arm is a little sore ... not bad, just a little achy.
Today may be a day of rest. 


I am very pleased with how this sewed up.
I may alter the lining directions for the next two buckets
as my lining is a little loose inside.


This project was quilty kitty approved! 

Mr Scrapatch really likes this project,
so I may be making more of them for our own use.

I am really enjoying this blog hop! 

Please visit all the lovely bloggers for today:

March 23


MooseStashQuilting


Life in the Scrapatch (you are here)


Food for Thought


For The Love Of Geese


Becky’s Adventures in Quilting and Travel


Karrin’s Crazy World


Sew Many Yarns


Kathy's Kwilts and More



Thanks to


Carol @ Just Let Me Quilt


for hosting this fun blog hop. 





Happy Blog Hopping!


37 comments:

Dorian said...

Very nice Pat! I think your bucket turned out great. I like your fabrics you used. Have a great day!

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Your bucket is gorgeous and a perfect use for the fabric!

Stitchin At Home said...

Love your gorgeous bucket!

Carol said...

Nice bucket! The fabric is perfect. I think you will really enjoy having all 3 when you finish them.

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

What a pretty and practical finish. I love those handles but probably would have choked my machine trying to sew them. Thanks for the extra photo touch of including that gorgeous shell. Well done and I'm so glad you shared with us today.

Connie W. said...

What a great combination of fabric and project for this hop! Thanks for sharing.
Connie

Inflorescencedesigns said...

Great bucket! I tend to steer clear of panels but your bucket makes me think I might have to try one.

Calicojoan said...

Oh Pat that is absolutely perfect fabric for this hop. You did a great job on your bucket and now I'm looking at it and thinking I want to make one too! LOL!! The power of blog hops!

Carol Swift said...

This is a beautiful bucket, Pat! The fabric and the handles really make it look sturdy and useable. Thank you for sharing this amazing project! xo

Leah said...

These are fantastic! Thay fabric is awesome and perfect for the baskets.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Great fabric, Pat! I like the shape of your bucket - looks gery handy!

Karrin Hurd said...

I absolutely adore that fabric and your bucket! Great work, and thanks for sharing!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a great use of that gorgeous fabric!!

Susan said...

That does look nicely sturdy, and I like the handles you made, too. Wonderful use of your fabric.

MrsV said...

Great work, and very professional looking :).

O'Quilts said...

This is a first class project. You did a brilliant job. I love it.

Carla said...

This is such a great project and perfect for the hop. The fabric is excellent.

Velda at the Freckled Fox Quiltery said...

Such a makeable project.

For the love of geese said...

It is beautiful fabric and I am in love with your bucket bags.

Danette said...

This is a fantastic bucket! I love the fabric. I understand your misgivings with bags and buckets. But you have a awesome bucket to show for it.

beaquilter said...

wow that basket is awesome in that fabric and those handles!!

Annie said...

What a great gift idea! The fabrics couldn’t be more salt and sand if you tried. The bucket does look to be quite sturdy and of course useful. Great job with the handles. I really love the seagull fabric. A whole set of these in the 3 sizes will look awesome.

tink's mom said...

Perfect project for this fabric. You did a great job. Those handles are a wonderful, professional choice.

LJ said...

Absolutely gorgeous fabric. The bags you made were just perfect. Thanks for telling us how to make the handles round.

piecefulwendy said...

How satisfying it must be to have made that and had it turn out so well! Of course, kitty approval is key! Well done!

Danice G said...

Very cute buckets. Those fabrics are so perfect for salt and sand.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I'm not fond of making bags or buckets either. The fabrics fit this pattern perfectly.

Marcy said...

The perfect fabrics. It reminds me of LaJolla, CA.

Quilting Gail said...

Your bucket is awesome!!! Thanks for sharing your project!

Sharon said...

What a wonderful fabric bucket! The fabric that you've used is beautiful.

Karen's Korner said...

The perfect fabric for your gorgeous sea bucket.

Carol Andrews said...

Pat your bucket is beautiful and the fabrics are just perfect for the theme. Thank you for sharing. Hope you feel better after your jab!

Sherry said...

What a lovely clever project. Those fabrics were perfect too!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love the bucket. I have been thinking about a couple of those types of projects and I decided to go with the "right" supplies and not improvise. Those just turned out so neat.

Kathleen said...

I love your fabrics and love BitsNPieces! Do you live nearby? I got my longarm from them and get there once in awhile. Love your buckets and project for the Sea and Sand Hop! I keep meaning to make some buckets/boxes for a few fabric management things. This one makes me think about fabric choices!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Perfect fabric and project for this blog hop! xx

Lyndsey said...

Love your project and such pretty fabric. I need to make some. Hope you vaccination didn't cause you too many problems.