Monday, March 15, 2021

On My Design Wall Monday Today


On my Design Wall today.

This is my Stay-At-Home-Round-Robin, 

which I last worked on Here in February

when I was actually caught up with the sew-along.

Then I worked finishing on a blog hop project and was distracted by other projects

and the SAHRR ended without me two weeks ago.

It is all good, though, as I will finish this in my own time.


In truth, the checkerboard challenge week proved puzzling to my quilty muse

and I sewed more than a few units that I set aside


before I decided to combine the checkerboard (four patch units)

 with the wonky star border ... 



... to make this 6.5" streaming star block. 

I have also been playing with the corners to extend the knot and chain units.


This is the orphan block that I chose when I started my SAHRR Here. 

This block was my Blockheads 3 Week 1 Star Chain Block. 

I hope to fill in the open spaces filled 

and have my borders sewed on by the end of the day.

Then I may have to let this project wait.

I do have a tentative plan for the last two borders. 

It is a sunny, cold and blustery Monday here in my quilty corner.

When I got up this morning, it was -4 degrees F ... brrrrr!

A good day to stay in and sew.


Right now I am pondering whether the double knot units in the corner 

are too much or if I should make the outer unit a chain.

Hmmmmm ?

What think you? 

Linking up today with

Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

~

What are you working on today? 


5 comments:

Sara said...

I keep seeing wonderful creative ideas for the SAHRR. And your background fabric is so pretty. It has a ceramic tile look to it.

moosecraft said...

Beautiful! Love all of the warm Summer colors!
I'm stitching on a green star quilt... trying to get it mostly together by St. Patrick's Day!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your quilt is coming along beautifully.

Chantal said...

You got a gorgeous design going on here. I love it. I would do a chain block for the last outer unit with some orange to bring it to the edge. Maybe an orange square, a yellow square, and a green one in the chain unit? Maybe it wouldn't look right too. Good luck with the decision. ;^)

piecefulwendy said...

This is really coming together well! I like the little chain attached to the wonky stars. Will be fun to see you continue to work on this!