Saturday, February 6, 2021

SAHRR ~ Week 3 ~ Flying Geese



My  Week 3 Border is done for the


SAHRR 2021


For Week 3 @ Anja Quilts

the challenge was to add a "Flying Geese" border.


I played around with my fabrics for awhile and sewed a few geese

before I figured out what my quilty muse was calling for this border.


I made the middle side units first and then studied it to decide on the corners.

I finally determined that the plus signs in the second border

could be closed in the third border.

These little squares are the result.

I really like this detail.

It adds a bit  of "Celtic Knot" to the quilt.

I like this so much I may look to add more of this design element in future borders.


Here is a close up of the side details and fabrics. 


The fabrics are mostly Dandi Annie by Robin Pickens

and other pieces from my stash. 


I am really happy with how this round robin is growing 

and am planning to make a bed size quilt.

I used the gray bird print to turn down the volume a bit

and make the corner knots stand out.

Next week I think my border may again be bold and bright.

Time will tell.

Looking forward to Week 4 on Monday. 

~

Linking up today with 

SAHRR Week 3 Party @ Anja Quilts


What are you sewing or stitching this weekend?

May you day be happy and bright. 



5 comments:

Velda at the Freckled Fox Quiltery said...

Wow you really brought it this week. Love your interpretation of the geese round.

Dorian said...

Great job on that border Pat. I like how the squares/diamond shapes mimic the ones closer in. Those corner knots are great too. It looks perfect :) Have a great day.

piecefulwendy said...

This is just gorgeous, Pat. I love the fabrics (I know I say that everytime, but I really do). Great idea, the Celtic knot addition, and I like those little fussy cut birds!

Anonymous said...

Very creative solution, and it works beautifully with your center block. Laura

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

I like how you made your flying geese. Thanks for sewing along with us.