Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Backing Fabric Love



Today I prepared the backing for a quilt.

This is fabric is from  Love Letters by Henry Glass.

I used this fabric last year to frame my Quilty Love Cross Stitch

I love this watercolor rose print so much that I bought enough to back a quilt

when I saw it on sale last summer.

I heard Tula Pink say in a video presentation that you should always put your best fabric on the back of your quilts because that is what will be closest to the person snuggling under the quilt.

I agree. 


I pressed the backing by setting my portable wool covered pressing board

 onto my cutting table so the fabric can lay smoothly over the edge.

My cordless iron is also very handy for changing my pressing stations. 


I won at "bobbin chicken" today when I was seaming the backing together.

It was a close one!

It has been rainy here today and some of our snow has melted

 but now the temperature is dropping so there will be ice.

I have been snug inside and it has been a successful quilty day.

My longarm is loaded and ready to quilt tomorrow.

I hope you are having a happy quilty week.

~


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful backing fabric! I notice you run two lines of stitching to seam your backing together. Any reason for that? Thank you.
Kathleen -- kakingsbury at verizon dot net

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous backing. Stay safe and snug