Friday, February 12, 2021

Creative Space Style ~ Take the Quiz



The sun is shining in my south facing kitchen window today.

Though it is single digit cold outside today, my kitchen is warm and bright.

My kitchen is one of my creative spaces.

I subscribe to a few creative and quilting blogs and an interesting read on organizing creative space dropped in my box yesterday.

There is a fun quiz so I am sharing it today. 

 


How To Organize Your Creative Space 

@ Quilters Candy


Take the Studio Style Quiz


My Results:

"You're a Nature Wanderer

This is not a surprise to you. You have always felt more at ease in nature

 or at least with plants around you.

They give you life, almost springing from earth leaf's tip. 

Perhaps you are drawn to the mountains, beaches, streams or woods, 

but whatever the flavor, you're happy to wander there.

"All good things are wild and free."

There are deeper implications on your studio design than simply having plants about you.

 Your space may be on the top of a skyscraper, but it can still have the aroma of the woods, 

the humanity of a jungle, the hum of a sea breeze and the scent of fresh flowers. 

Your workspace must feel like home--a natural home. 

It is clear with a touch of chaos... but only a touch.

Priorities for outfitting your space:

1. Natural Life

Let's get the no-brainer out of the way: have natural life around you.

 You could go the "plant lady" route or have a terrarium with critters.

 You may collect succulents or hang a few vines. 

The rhythm and shape of nature should surround you in some form.

2. Texture

Invest in a nice rug. You may be surprised to find that what you feel under your toes 

can really help your mood. Consider different texture around you such as your chair,

 or even those that you don't touch such as curtains or wood walls.

3. Scent

The final touch is not something you touch at all--scent. 

Your plants may already be offering this benefit,

 but a well-placed candle can transport your mood to the forest

 if it's not in your backyard."


This is quite true. 



One of my favorite places to be is sitting in my backyard and hand stitching.



Another is my rocking chair in my bedroom stitching corner. 

I do love greenery in my creative space.


I used to have more plants in my home, but the kitties tend to munch them 

so I keep them to a few carbon dioxide absorbing big leaf Philodendron

which my kitties know not to eat.

House Plants for Cleaner Air ~ Read More



I am actually in the process of reorganizing my sewing corner

which is why I posted this new sign Here yesterday.

 I have not done much in my sewing studio space (except collect clutter) since 

my big re-organization when I got my long-arm ... 


Sewing Studio Space Two Years Ago

So it is time to re-thing and redo

Maybe it is the urge for spring cleaning. 


In summer, I always enjoy my window box outside my sewing table window ... 



... and outside my quilting room windows.

Hmm ... maybe I need more indoor plants for year round green goodness.

New reorganization photos coming (hopefully) soon.

Do you need to re-organize your creative happy place? 

What is your creative space style?

~



5 comments:

piecefulwendy said...

Thanks for sharing the quiz. I had to give it a try. Your window view is so lovely!

Bernie Kringel said...

What a fun post Pat. Love seeing the little views around your home.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Interesting quiz. I just need to clean my space. The way to do that is to cut it up and use it.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I am a Design Kind. I like objects and quirky things. I would say pretty much is me.

LA Paylor said...

fun quiz, I'm a beautiful mess... fits, and the second one was combo crafter, enjoying many crafts and needing organization for each. LeeAnna