Thursday, February 4, 2021

I Like Thursday # 83 ~ Piece of Cake


 It has been a "Life is Short ~ Eat Cake" kind of week.

A lot of shoveling, a little sewing and plenty of home cooking.

One day at a time and life is good.

As is this yummy cake ...


I found this recipe for 

Fruit Cocktail Cake @ LeeAnna's Blog Last Thursday

I cannot recall ever having seen this cake recipe.

Mr. Scrapatch likes fruit cocktail so I thought he might find it a treat.

He also loves maraschino cherries so I added extra of these and put one on top of the cream on his piece when we ate it warm from the oven.

 He has been snacking on it a few days and putting it in the microwave for a few seconds to achieve that same oooey, gooey goodness. 

I made the cooked topping in LeeAnna's recipe and added shredded sweetened coconut.

I will be adding this to the list of sweet treats I make for my guy.

Thank you, LeeAnna.


Thank you to all the

I Like Thursday Bloggers @ Not Afraid of Color

for sharing with me.


Have a Happy Thursday! 

5 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh looks yummy. I have been on the Inst Pot cookie dough in a ramekin, with vanilla ice cream kick. Ooey, gooey, hot yumminess.

PaintedThread said...

The cake looks delicious!

piecefulwendy said...

Oh yum - I remember reading that recipe on LeeAnna's post. Now I might have to go give it a try (after I shop for fruit cocktail).

Su-sieee! Mac said...

How can I forget about fruit cocktail? That was my one of my favorite treats as a kid. The cake looks delicious.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Oh I love your adage, so true ;) Cakes can't hurt ;))