Friday, March 12, 2021

Pressing Matters ~ #IGQuiltFest2021 ~ Day 12

 


#IGQuiltFest2021 ~ Day 12 ~ Pressing Matters

This is my pressing station.


It is to the right and raised to a level so that I may swivel in my chair and press 

without standing up from my counter height swivel chair. 

This is a custom size board to fit on my storage unit and in the space between my computer desk and the corner.

I love wool pressing mats and have a small one for blocks.

I also like to use a wooden clapper and a spray bottles,

 one with water and one with Best Press

I use my iron on dry heat setting and spritz as needed.

Pressing Board How-To Posted Here

My homemade pressing board used to be longer and set up in the room where my

 long arm now lives. Two years ago when I moved it to my sewing corner,

 I cut it down and added a wool top. 


On of my favorite features of this pressing board is that it is unattached

and I can move it to my tabletop to press quilt tops, yardage, and quilt backs

that need to hang over the edge of the table.


My iron is a Panasonic Cordless, so it is also easy to use anywhere. 

I love my pressing set up.


I am enjoying seeing others pressing solutions

 in the IG Quilt Fest.

Are you following along? 


No comments: