Tuesday, March 30, 2021

#IGQuiltFest2021 ~ Day 31 ~ Favorite Post

 


My favorite post of all time is my

Easy Tumbling Blocks ~ No "Y" Seams ~ Part 1

It has 54.1K pageviews!

This post series is from 2012.

I wrote this tutorial to help and online quilting friend

who wanted to know how to sew this traditional pattern without "y" seams

to make a quilt for one of her grand children.

I used basic rulers and my cutting mat

 to show her that no special tools are necessary.

~

This method allows the blocks to be sewn together in strips

by cutting one of the diamonds into triangles. 



Part 1 ~ Cutting Instructions



Part 2 ~ Sewing the Strips



Part 3 ~ Adding the Borders



The finished quilt was featured that year in my

Quilty Christmas Open House, 2012


In 2014, I thought about making a 

Country Girl ~ Easy Tumbling Blocks

baby quilt in this pattern for my grand-darling

in some pretty Country Girl fabrics.

I ended up making here a Minnie Mouse Rag Quilt as 

Mickey and Minnie are (still) her favorites.

This year she needs a new bed quilt and I am thinking again about making

a twin size Tumbling Blocks Quilt.

Hmmm ... time will tell. 

~

This is my final post for the 

#IGQuiltFest2021

It has been a fun month sharing with the other quilters participating on Instagram.

Sew Much Inspiration!


No comments: