Saturday, March 13, 2021

Sewing Friends ~ #IGQuiltFest2021 ~ Day 13


My constant Sewing Friends are my quilty kitty helpers.

 I am very much a Stay-At~Home Quilter. 

I have never been a member of any local quilting guild or group.

Through Covid-19  my kitties and I have been sewing and quilting as usual.

The above photo was originally posted Here in 2013,

when Katniss was a newbie quilter. 

Since then, I have added my long arm machine 

and the Little Sister Quilty Kitties, Nutmeg and Maestro.

They are sew very helpful.

Much of what I learned about quilting has been from online friends.

 I have been on quilt forums and swap groups 

and have made many quilty friends online.


I have attended big quilt shows, such as the Quilt Odyssey,

where I met my friends, Cherie, Debbieann and Vanessa.

A few times over the years I have had the chance 

to meet online quilting friends at a quilt shop while traveling.

In this photo I met my online friends, Annette and Denise, 

when I visited my daughter in the PNW. 

Once, many years ago, I even traveled to a 

Quilt Retreat in Texas in 2010.

~~~

Really, though, my quilting companions are my kitties ... 



My Butterfly ... R.I.P.


Mina ... R.I.P


Katniss 


Maestro


Nutmeg

and me ... 

the crazy cat quilter ... <3 <3 <3 




4 comments:

piecefulwendy said...

I'm missing my quilting friends and looking forward to being back together with them soon (I hope). Your kitties are too cute!

O'Quilts said...

I love cats helping me too..They are the best. And, online blogging friends are wonderful too. We are so lucky!!!

O'Quilts said...

I love cats helping me too..They are the best. And, online blogging friends are wonderful too. We are so lucky!!!

moosecraft said...

Cats are excellent quilters! :-)