Friday, April 17, 2020

Sweep Me Away ...


... to a peaceful place.


This is 

I have been waiting for this collection to hit the shops
and was shopping online and was finding bits of it here and other bits there
when I found that my favorite local quilt shop 
had the entire collection!


My Scrapatch was doing his curbside pick up errands and was actually at 
this shop picking up some much needed rotary cutting blades and machine needle for me
so I called him and called them ... 


and ended up with three yards of the main panel 
and half yard cuts of the rest of the collection.


This is a natural light portrait shot of part of the WOF panel.


The colors are wonderful!


I am planning a wall quilt to be gifted.

These fabrics sweep me away to a peaceful place.

I can almost smell the sea breeze. 

Just what I needed today.

Maybe the Hub and I need to bundle up one sunny morning
and take a drive and just go walk the beach.
It is cold here, with more snow coming tonight. 
The beach will be deserted.
Social distancing at its best ... :) 

May you be well and swept away to a peaceful place today. 

<3 


5 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Such pretty fabrics. You can almost hear the waves and feel the peace.

Dorian said...

Lovely fabrics Pat, can't wait to see what you make with them. I like that pattern that is with them also. Have fun :)

Jocelyn said...

I saw a big tote bag made from these fabrics. It was so pretty.

Lindah said...

Oh such beautiful fabrics.Great pattern.
By all means, if you live anywhere near the shore, go. Go and soak up all that beauty, the sound of the waves and gulls, the fresh salt air; soak it up for me. Be inspired and make this beautiful quilt. Have fun!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! Gorgeous fabrics . . . and that reminds me. I need some new rotary cutting blades myself. Desperately! That's so nice that your LQS was open and able to get these pretties ready for your DH to pick up. Have fun playing with the layout choices. ~smile~ Roseanne