Saturday, April 25, 2020

My New Quilt Is Bound!


The binding is finished on my Daylily Chloe Quilt. 

I took it outside on this lovely sunny Saturday for a photoshoot.

I am pattern testing for


This pattern will be for sale soon in her shop 
and I will post my finished quilt photos for the release. 


For my binding I used the light periwinkle print from the blocks for the accent color
and added a dark purple marble for the main color.
I used King Tut Threads for the quilting and binding,
Angle Green for the quilting and Angel Lavender for the binding.

I like to use my 
for winding my binding.


I followed my 
for making this binding.


For this method I sew the binding first to the back of the quilt.


Then I flip it to the front and use my zipper foot 
to make a clean line of stitches in the narrow flange.  
I matched my thread color to the light flange fabric.


The zipper foot allows me to get a precise turn for the mitered corner,


This is the finished corner.

This is my favorite machine binding method.

I like to choose this binding to add the accent detail to some of my quilts. 

More photos soon. 


4 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

I like to use a flange binding as well, but I have always run my stitching line right up against the seam that joins the "flange" to the binding. How big was your binding after you put the flange and binding fabric together? I've only ever used 2.5" binding when using the faux flange.

VA said...

This is a binding method I need to try! You finished this one so quickly, so pretty!

Scrapatches said...

I cut 1 and 1/2" strips for the main binding fabric and 2" for the accent flange. I sew together and press in half. It measures 1 and 1/2" folded. It measures 3/4' wide, including the flange on the front, on the quilt. I like a wider binding than many quilters. I like to stitch in the center of the flange so it does not fold back after washing. Works for me ... :-) Pat

Dorian said...

Great job on getting this finished so quickly Pat! Love the flange binding, such pretty colors.