Thursday, April 2, 2020

I Like Thursday # 49 ~ A Day in the Scrapatch


Our pansies are still in pots, braving wind and rain and snow and temperatures in the 20s.
I have them on my back porch tucked up against the house for shelter.
Soon as it stops raining ... in a day or two ... I will fill my window boxes
and they will lift their pretty faces to the sun.


Nutmeg enjoyed a patch of sun yesterday morning 
that the new storm door that Mr Scrapatch installed
lets in to warm our kitchen.

Kitty practiced proper social distancing from the neighbor cat
who came peeking up the steps at her.
Nutmeg howled and sent him scurrying home.
My indoor kitties do not like to see those pesky outdoor cats in our yard.
The sun soon gave way to clouds and I had to close up the house.


The forsythia is valiantly trying to brighten the gray gloom of afternoon 
As it is just starting to open it will be gorgeous in a few days when the sun shines.


To warm the house I turned on the oven and baked banana bread in my squares pan.

This wonderful Banana Bread recipe

from Simply Recipes can be found HERE


I dressed these little cakes up for dessert, 
I made a thin glaze of powdered sugar, milk and a drop of vanilla.
Yummy! 


A day in the scrapatch would not be complete without some fabric play.
I am making progress on my Tula Pink quilt.


Maestro took over my sewing chair to help the sewing along.

Lately I have been thinking of using some of my fabric to dress up me ... 


my bedtime book as been this interesting read.

Tired for her busy day being the on duty watch cat, 
Nutmeg is curled up against my leg at midnight.
Maestro is there, too, hidden behind the book.
My kitties are very snuggly.

This book may be found here
on Amazon 

It is written in a very "conversational" style by a life-long garnet maker and teacher,
whose grandmother was an Edinburgh tailor.
I confess I did not know what a "tailor's tack" was before opening this book.


As well as useful information, it is filled with fun anecdotes.
This one made me laugh ... "you make her round" ... lol! 


I am linking up today with the lovely
I Like Thursday Bloggers @ Not Afraid of Color

May you enjoy the small things in life
and my you and yours be well and safe.

~~~~~

 Morning Update:

Sally posted a link to a video of her Guinea Pigs playing.

They are cute little critters.

My black cat Maestro saw them scamper across the screen ...


Here is a video of kitty watching the guinea pigs.

At the end she looks behind the monitor to see if the are there.


Here is a still photo, if you cannot view the video.

Maestro is my "computer kitty."

<3 

7 comments:

Dorian said...

Glad you are finding some warm things to do inside on such rainy weather. Those banana squares look yummy. I like your pan too! I miss having indoor kitties. My doggies wouldn't like a kitty in the house though. lol Have a great day!

Shaban said...

Those flowers look so delicate yet they can withstand more than any human can out in the elements.

Nutmeg is a cutie.

https://aab-edu.net/

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Fun likes. I am envious of your forsythia. I keep planting them, and either a son in law, grandson, or chicken destroys them unintentionally. Nutmeg playing watchcat that is a very strenuous job. I was enjoying the sunshine on the porch with my coffee. Put it down, turned around the both barn kitties were drinking out of my cup. Urgh.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! All lovely likes - I adore the photo of your kitty enjoying the sunshine and the new door. Your banana bread looks yummy! I like making the small loaves myself - I have four small loaf pans that I use. Today, I'm going to try a recipe for some cheese bread made in a bundt pan. If it turns out, I'll share it next week. Take care! ~smile~ Roseanne

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Nutmeg is so beautiful! We used to have a cat called Burlap that was that color. Love that banana bread....looks like enough to share! We are ALL going to want some! YUMMY! Take care and stay healthy!

LA Paylor said...

dang it! I was looking forward to the cat scan of the pigs. What pretty kitties you have, and Milo does not like other critters coming into the yard either. Yum to the baked goods

PaintedThread said...

I can't get the video to play. :-( But I love that she was watching them. LOL Your pansies are beautiful and your little banana breads are cute (and I'm sure delicious).