Monday, April 27, 2020

Rainy Monday ~ Slow Stitching Day


My stitching is done on my 

This is for a blog hop project coming in May
so it will be awhile before my finished project appears on my blog.


Here is a sneak peek.

It is a cool and rainy day here in the northeast and I am
spending another day enjoying with my hand stitching  in my cozy home.


This is my project for today.

I already stitched the white tree design on navy
 and am making another pink cherry blossom 
and will be using the fabric on the left to complete the project.


I am trying a different chalk marker to see if it works better.
It is a chalk pencil I bought somewhere at a quilt show.
I have been using my Clover Chaco Liner, but is does rub off easily.

If you do sashiko, I would be interested 
in what you use for a marking pen. 


Maestro is my stitching helper of the day.
Kitty is a little annoyed with me as I had to keep shooing her off my light box
(and put it away without taking photos)
and she has been trying to run off with my threaded needles. 
In protest to my stopping her fun, she knocked my scissors, thread spools
 and other things off the table.

Kitty is looking at me and saying, " No fun. Mommy, you are not letting me help today.
I will sit on your chair and turn my back on you." 

Time to put my stitch project away for awhile and go pet my kitty.

May you have a happy and healthy day. 



3 comments:

Deborah said...

I have not tried Sashiko. Your projects looks so pretty.

TechSue said...

Your embroideries are so pretty. I'm intrigued as to your end project, so will definitely be following your posts.
This is one of the techniques that I plan to have a go at during Lockdown too. I ordered the Cherry Blossom and Hemp Leaf templates, navy and cream threads and Sashiko needles, which have now arrived, but the white and silver marking pencils don't seem to be up to the job either! Any suggestions anyone?

Dorian said...

Looking good Pat! It's nice to have some handstitching projects around. Can't wait to see your finish. Have a great day.