Sunday, April 26, 2020

Sashiko Slow Stitch Sunday



Today I started a new slow stitch sashiko project.


I really enjoy these small hand stitching.

This is the back of my project.
I use solid fabric that does not have a front or back side for sashiko.
I have no idea if I am "doing it wrong."
I find and use methods and techniques that work for me.
I mark with a Clover Chaco Liner pen and it rubs off a little as I stitch
but it last long enough for me to stitch and it is not permanent.
I actually put as few marks as possible.
Sometimes I add details as I go along.

The stitching on this one is going very quickly.


The stitching on this cherry blossom is complete.


Finished project will come later as it is for a blog hop in May.

Linking up today
@

Slow Sunday Stitching

3 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Sashiko is something I still want to try. What wt thread are you using? Looking forward to the finished project! I like small stitcheries too I think it's because of the years of quilting and every project taking such a long time.

Jan Snell said...

I am wondering what you are using to Mark your sashiko projects.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Ooooh lovely. I've always wanted to try sashiko. Looking forward to seeing your project :)