Thursday, July 8, 2021

I Like Thursday # 101 ~ Back To Sewing in My Happy Place.


Happy Thursday!

I am back to playing with the fabrics in my happy place.
Mr. Scrapatch is still recovering but he is back to work.
Today he is at a regular appointment with his heart doctor before going in.
Yesterday he had physical therapy. Tomorrow he has physical therapy.
On the weekend, he will have a honey-do list of small tasks to catch up on.
 
Above are the fabrics that I am considering for my 


Macaron Mystery Quilt


Fabrics A-D and Background 1 are pretty much set.
I am debating the second background which features a larger role according to the 

I like all of these choices.
I just need to decide what I want in this quilt.
The green, for example, would give the quilt a much softer look than the white cross fabric. The gray Architextures, one of my favorite background fabrics, would give it a more modern look. The creamy leaf has a porcelain look to me.
I am trying not to look at the sneak peek option when choosing fabrics.
Although I did sign up for it, I did not open the email.
I also have some of the pretty city scene print for an optional outer border. 

Decisions, decisions!

Which background fabric would you choose? 



I am making progress with my Kinship Fusion Sampler Blocks.

I am making two blocks at a time, 
some regular pieced and some foundation paper pieced. 


Block 55 is FPP to make those sharp flying geese points easily.

I may make a mini FPP tutorial for this block.

Anyone interested?


I am also keeping up with the Summer in the Garden QAL blocks.

I am loving finding just the right fabric in my stash and scraps for these blocks.

I am trying to decide if I am going to add any blue or purple fabrics to my garden.

So far it is a pink, orange, green, yellow and white quilt. 


Whatever I decide, I know that there are no mistakes in quilting.


The kitties are all well.

There are three cats in this photo.

Nutmeg is on the porch looking in the window through the sheer curtain.

Maestro and Katniss were alarmed that there might be a kitty intruder

for moment. When they realized it was only their little sister kitty,

Maestro went met her at the open front door and gave her a kitty kiss. 


Outside the critters and birds are ravenous as it is either very hot or very stormy.

This squirrel is no longer "baffled" by the baffle we put on the pole to save some seeds for the birds.  I looked out the window one morning and there he was, chomping away.  I had to smile at this crafty critter. 


Over the 4th of July weekend, we had a backyard barbecue with the boys.

Dad made his Famous Dad's Homemade Barbecue Sauce and grilled chicken.

I made a red white and blue ice cream cake. We bought blueberry, cherry vanilla and vanilla ice cream at Shaw Farms Dairy.

I used all fruit blueberry and cherry preserves for the "toppings" 

and crushed golden oreos for the crust. 

 I have made ice cream cakes for special occasions for years in a springform pan.

This one was my favorite ever.



Linking up these happy moments with my friends, 

I Like Thursday Bloggers @ Not Afraid of Color

to share the small joys of life. 

May your day be filled with blessings and thanks!


4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a pretty bunch of fabrics for your mystery quilt, Pat! I think that whatever you choose will be beautiful! So glad Mr. Scrapatch is doing better, and that you got to be with family over the 4th. Your ice cream cake looks yummy!

PaintedThread said...

Love the colors for your mystery quilt. Should be fun! I like your Summer in the Garden blocks. That ice cream cake looks delicious. Yum.

dq said...

Yay for your happy place and polka dots! It looks so yummy!!!

sandi s said...

I love the green! The ice cream cake looks delicious. Those old squirrels can be rascals! 😂 I have a baffle too and they just use it a new challenge. Hugs,