Tuesday, July 27, 2021

To-Do Tuesday ~ Another Week Done; Another Begun


 Here is my Week 6 ~ Weathervane Block for the

Summer in the Garden Quilt Along

This was a fun and easy block to sew.  

The instructions were for making this block with hour glass units.  I cut the squares oversize and trimmed and squared my hourglass block to 6.5" before sewing them into the 12.5" block.



The free pattern for this block my be found here: 

Summer in the Garden ~ Weathervane Block 

~

This was my Monday Goal for my Weekly Sewing To-Do List.

Let me check how I did working on my Goals for Last Week:

1) Make more Kinship Fusion Sampler Blocks. ... yes.

My Goal is to get all 100 blocks done this year during the quilt along and I am on track to complete them this year at this time.

2) Make the Weekly Summer in the Garden quilt block next Monday ... yes

I am enjoying sewing this summer garden.  My outside garden is a task this year and the weather has not been helpful.

3) Sew More Blue/Gray/White Log Cabin Blocks ...  no.

I need to dedicate a day or two a week just to sewing these blocks.

4) Make more Cozy and Magical blocks for the Sampler Spree QAL ~ Main Page ... again this is 100 blocks ... no.

This in the next project in my queue..

5) Do some hand stitching, embroidery or cross stitching.  I am working on this Sunflower Cross Stitch Project ~ Started Here ... no

I actually did do some stitches on this but do not feel like I can call it an accomplished goal.   The sunflower stitching is feeling laborious to me.  I am thinking to set this aside and try my hand at a different hand stitching UFO.

6) Gardening Goals ... the usual trimming, weeding and deadheading, etc ... and enjoying my beautiful flowers ... yes.

I was able to get out and help my garden grow a few time this week.  We are on the second day of an "unhealthy air" alert and it has been hazy.  Yesterday, I could not stay outside even to water as I got a sinus headache.  Mr. Scrapatch had finish the watering for me when he came in.  Today I have been able to go out for short durations.  Tonight a line of strong thunderstorms are on the radar. 

Added Goal during the week ...   I have been thinking about this for some time but I decided on Wednesday night that it was time to sell some of my old Sew Sampler boxes that I now know I will never sew.  I posted the first ones in a swap and sale online group on Facebook last week and plan to do more this week.  I have never really sold anything online.  Learning how to price and post and invoice and ship has taken me some time. 

Score: Draw:  3 yes and 3 no 

 

Goals for the New Week:

1) Make more Kinship Fusion Sampler Blocks

2) Make the Weekly Summer in the Garden quilt block next Monday.

3) Continue my Sew Sampler Sell Off.I have plans to use the small nest egg from these sales to buy some new fabric I really want. 

4) Make more Cozy & Magical Sampler Spree Blocks 

5) Find a  hand stitching, embroidery or cross stitching UFO and do some slow stitching. 

6) Decide on my fabrics for the 30 Days of Improv Blocks and be ready to sew for the start day.

7) Block off time that will be "Log Cabin Blocks Only" time and get sewing.  This quilt has to be done for my son's birthday this fall. 

I am Linking Up with 


To-Do Tuesday @ chrisknits

Here's hoping I am a little more successful this week. 

May your week be sew happy and full. 


4 comments:

chrisknits said...

You have gotten half of the items done, so it's not all a wash! Good luck with the list for next week. Thanks for linking up with To-Do Tuesday!

chrisknits said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dorian said...

Well at least you met some of your goals, and you had fun when you were sewing, so that is always good too :) That's a lovely garden block this week. Have a great day.

O'Quilts said...

I am so impressed that you are selling things online. It is sooo out of my skillset!!!