Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Stitch Sew & Show ~ Week 29 ~ Dwell in Possibility



Welcome to Stitch Sew & Show ~ Week 29


I have been sewing everyday. 

 I have been picking and choosing from a stack of ongoing projects. 

Above are two new blocks for my 

Kinship Fusion Sampler Quilt

As I am on the second half of the 100 blocks, I am feeling very hopeful that I will accomplish my goal of completing all the blocks.

I introduced a new fabric in these blocks.

One is the green background, as I am starting to use up the original scraps and such that I have incorporated into these blocks.

The other is the black print in block 58.

This fabric is being added by design, as I have an image in my head now of how I want to layout these blocks. I think one of the factors in my setting this project aside two years ago was that I had no idea how I might want to set the blocks finish the quilt. My fabrics are so unique and colorful, a custom setting seemed the way to go.  I did not want to add a white and/or black sashing.


I have decided! 

I have an image in my head of a custom setting and these are the fabrics.

I had the gold and black on off-white leaf prints and I recently purchased the black print and orange text print and other two black on white fabrics.


The new fabrics are from 

Dwell in Possibility by Gingiber for Moda Fabrics

I adore this line, even the bits of metallic, which are not a typical choice for me. 

This fabric line came out this spring and the quotes in the panel speak to me. 

I have only bought the fabrics for the setting and a panel for the back and a layer cake to sprinkle carefully into my Kinship quilt.  I would love to but the whole line, but these will do unless I find it on sale, although that is not likely as it is a very trendy and popular.  

Do you "dwell in possibility?"

Our weather has been taking odd turns. 

Last night it was quite stormy and I turned off the powers strips and unplugged my computer and sewing machines.  I have done this since I was a girl.  One night when I was sleeping, lightning struck the transformer on a pole outside my bedroom and caused a surge into our house that blew holes in a bulb in the only lamp that was on in the living room. Better to be safe than sorry.

This week we had an "unhealthy air" warning, which is highly unusual. It has been very hazy, an effect I suspect from smoke blown east on high level winds from the firestorms in the west.   There is smoke in the air.  Outside work has been difficult and limited to short durations. I am blessed to be able to stay inside and turn on the air conditioner. How awful the air must be for living creatures there.  

I pray for all those in harm's way. 

Otherwise, in my quilty corner of the world.

What have you been sewing and how is all with you and yours?

Please share! 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

2 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I actually unplug the electronic items in our house. I don't trust the surge protectors to actually protect! My children laugh at me but we've lost stuff to lightning before. We just had a hit a couple weeks ago that blew out the electric fence charger, we had to buy a new one. It's so nice you have a vision for your quilt, that make the finish so much easier. I look forward to seeing your quilt, happy stitching!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I love that fabric line, too--Dwell in Possibilities! I'm excited to see your quilt blocks grow and see what you have in mind for the setting!!! Thanks for the reminder about unplugging--we're having a lightning storm right now and I had forgotten to. Just ran and unplugged everything related to my longarm.