Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Stitch Sew & Show ~ Week 26

 


Welcome to Stitch Sew & Show ~ Week 26

This week I have been busy in my happy place 

and I am feeling more sewing accomplished.


I love this


Bee Skep Block from Moda Bake Shop

which was a bonus block this week. 

I could not resist fussy cutting one of the big beautiful bees 

from a fat quarter of 


Painted Meadow by Robin Pickens

I have a fat quarter bundle of this but have never cut into it before.

It is sitting on an open shelf in my sewing area waiting for the "right" project.

Looking at this fabric makes me happy.

I also made this block for the 

Summer in the Garden Quilt Along

This is this week's main block.



Here is the  Prairie Flower Block  link.


I also made a 5" scrap block with the cut-offs from the large block.

It was stormy off an don here yesterday so all my garden block photos 
were taken inside.
Today is hot and humid and sunny again.


Monday I made new blocks for my Kinship Fusion QAL quilt.

I am playing with these pretty fabrics today.

May you have a happy week of sewing!

Thanks to all who share in my Linky Party and who stop by to leave a kind word.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

Bernie Kringel said...

My goodness Pat, you are doing a lot of different QAL's. I don't know that I could keep up with that many! I have one plus the rainbow scrap challenge and I am behind on both. Sigh.

Love your blocks - especially the beehive. Adorable.

quiltingbydawn said...

Pretty fabrics to play with! Love how you fussy cut that bee for the bee skep! Cute block! Thanks for the link.

Dorian said...

Your blocks are looking lovely Pat. I like that FQ bundle by Robin, so lovely. Glad you are having a nice time in your sewing room. And thank you for the link up.

Chantal said...

Your bee hive is so cute! Well done. Love the new Summer in the Garden block. Thanks for the link. I just might have to bake one of those. Haha! I mean "make". ;^)

Gretchen Weaver said...

The bee skep is very cute, love those fabrics in the fat quarter bundle. Happy stitching!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Painted Meadow is such pretty fabric and what a special spot for that bee! Lovely blocks as always to see when I visit you. Inspiring!