Friday, July 9, 2021

Strawberries & Rhubarb ~ Designer Mystery BOM 2021



This is Block 1 for the 






I do not usually participate in these Block of the Month Programs,
but this year the colors tempted me.
I canceled my Sew Sampler Box subscription and subscribed to this BOM.



The  fabric line is 
and only the green, pink, coral, red and white fabrics are included in the blocks.
I love these colors.

The blocks are challenging.

This block is called "Madeleine."

There are 57 pieces in this 12.5" unfinished block.

It took me most of the day to cut and sew this block while the tropical storm deluged outside my windows.

Then I found I had turned a piece after I thought I was pressed and done.

My trusty seam ripper and I made quick work correcting that mistake.

I cut new pieces because there is always plenty of fabric in these FQS block kits to allow for a mistake or two. I will save the rest of the leftover fabric for future blocks or to make a pillow or something.

I am happy with how this block worked up.

I am subscribed only to the monthly blocks. I did not purchase the finishing kit for the quilt because I want to choose a different layout. 

Looking forward to next month's block kit, which I read may be delayed.

That is okay.

I do not mind waiting.

May you have a happy weekend! 

2 comments:

Carol Swift said...

I love the colors in this and I'm in awe about all the tiny pieces. You did a great job on this, Pat!

Gretchen Weaver said...

These look like pretty fabrics, you're going to have a lovely quilt, happy stitching!