Thursday, July 29, 2021

I Like Thursday# 104 ~ Words To Live By

 


This is one of the fabric pulls that I am considering for the 


30 Days of Improv QAL ~ Posted Here

This fabric is


Words To Live By by Gingiber


This newly released Layer Cake just arrived to brighten my mailbox.

I love the colors and designs in this fabric line.

Combined with the fabrics from my stash I should have much more than the 3 yards suggested for the top.  I have two other stacks of fabric that I am considering for this sew along. I have until Monday to decide. 

I will post the others soon.

~

Today is a wordy day.

I like words.

Here are a few that I have taken to heart:



The Guest House @ Free Printable Here

~

I like to play with words.

When I saw this news story in my feed I was intrigued:

Divergent Association Task

( I scored a 95.7 )

I do not usually take these test thing but this one did not ask for an email and the data is being collected by a university study. 

This led me to 

This Story about Amber Riley @ Fast Track

Yes, I watched the early seasons of Glee,

 because my musician daughter introduced me to it. 

I cannot tell you how it ended.

"Mercedes" was probably my favorite character.

I lost track for where Amber Riley went afterwards so it was a very nice surprise.

I very much enjoyed her

"Big Girl Energy" ~ Music Video

I like the part of the article about "What's in a Name?" ... that this song is not about size of body but about doing what needs to be done. 


While I was creating this post, I was enjoying this view out my open back door.

My coral rose has lot of new growth and the new buds are just opening.

It has been a stressful summer of weather on much of my garden, 

but all my roses are flourishing in the midst of it. 

I like when my roses re-bloom. 

Today I am visiting with my friends,

I Like Thursday Bloggers @ Not Afraid of Color

to share the small joys of life. 

Happy Thursday!


5 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Lovely fabrics can't wait to see what you choose. Love the "words" so many truisms in it. I think my rose has some sort of beetle, but we haven't been dry enough for me to spray it. I am going to call it a complete loss, unless perhaps I can propagate it.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's so fun to get hew fabric in the mail! Even if you don't have a plan for it right away, it's just energizing to have it there to pet. I loved Glee - still watch it in reruns on Netflix. Amber was a great part of it - thanks for sharing the article about her!

Sherrie said...

Hi,
I really like all your fabrics...so pretty. Your roses
are beautiful. Have a great day!

piecefulwendy said...

What a pretty garden view, and a pretty fabric bundle. Will be fun to see what you decide on for the QAL!

PaintedThread said...

30 days of improv sounds like fun! I love that poem of Rumi - it's my absolute favorite.