Thursday, July 25, 2019

I Like Thursday Post # 21 ~ I Like Maine


I like the beach.

I am a beachcomber,
not a swimmer or a sunbather.
I like to walk,
get my toes wet,
watch the waves,
find interesting bits of seaglass 
or rocks or shells.

Today I will be walking the beaches in Maine,
one of my favorite beachy destinations.

Hubby and I are getting away a few days to relax and recharge.

Maine is one of our favorite places for this.

Today we will be at the



On the way north, we will also be visiting a favorite quilt shop,



The last time we were there we asked them where we could find good local seafood
and they directed us here ...



We will be lunching on the dock here again this year,
maybe on the way home, too.
Will post photos of our adventures when we return.


Here is Block 25 for Day 25 of the


One quarter of the blocks are done.  
Woo-Hoo!

Hope to have time during breaks in our travels to catch up with my friends, 



Wishing everyone a very Happy Thursday! 

9 comments:

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

I hope you have a fun vacation-it looks so inviting. mary

Julierose said...

Oh enjoy your Maine vacation; my Uncle was a lobsterman off Casco Bay Maine on Cliff
Island and we loved nothing better than to go and spend a week there...Maine is lovely...
hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Enjoy your trip to Maine and lots of beach combing! That is my favorite kind of vacation! I've been to Harraseeket Lunch and Lobster, too - years ago. We just came across a picture of it the other day. It was featured on Rachel Ray's show from back then, "$40 a Day," so I had to go there when we were visiting Maine!

claudia said...

Oh nice...a trip to Maine! I've never been, but from what I have seen and heard, it seems like a wonderful vacation spot! Have fun!!!

Roseanne said...

Hi Pat! I loved our short visit to Maine last year and would love to return. It looks you will have a wonderful time based on the fun photos you have shared. Enjoy yourself and safe travels. ~smile~ Roseanne

PaintedThread said...

Oh, have fun beachcombing! I hope to do more in September. Enjoy your trip - it looks excellent so far!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I liked your repurposing hubby and you post.
Ahh, this sounds like the perfect getaway, beaches and quilt shops and good food. Enjoy it all won't you!

Jeanne said...

Enjoy your getaway!

Bernie Kringel said...

I took a trip to Maine a couple of years back and just loved it. Enjoy yourself Pat! Sounds like a perfect getaway!