Sunday, July 14, 2019

Sunday Best



I think this is called 
"Retail Therapy"
"noun  HUMOROUS shopping in order to make oneself feel happier"

Well, fabric and quilty goodies do always make me happier.


The new Olfa Pacific Blue Rotary Cutter
feels very nice in my hand.
I am trying this type of cutter to see it it helps with my wrist pains.


The  Granny Chic by Lori Holt for Riley Blake Fabrics
fabrics are new from Lori Holt
and may be my favorite line from her after "Autumn Love." 

I bought this book after seeing it on this


Corey showed her quilts for this book and also this sampler quilt ...



I want to make this quilt!


I like sampler quilts because I do not have to make a zillion blocks all the same.
I also enjoy placing just the "right" fabric in the "right: place in each block.
I will most likely make this quilt from my treasured stash of Corey Yoder fabrics.
I think I will use the white background print fat quarters I have in the blocks
and my favorite Bella White (off white 9900-200)  for the sashing.



There is an interesting article of
"Which White" by Moda Here


The gray is Bella Slate.
I  love Bella Bellas

I think I also have this in my stash.


The Sunny Stitches Thread Pack by Aurifil
 is the biggest  "impulse" purchase here.

Coery Yoder showed her mother's hand quilting on some quilts in the livestream
in these threads.

These are 12 weight thread spools that match her Sunnyside Up fabrics
and they are suitable for beginner hand quilters.

I would really like to try my hand at hand quilting
and have no idea if I will be able to do it, but I want to try.
Maybe a pillow cover or table topper. 

So I am making plans for September.

Time to go out and do some yard work.


Sunday's Block
Block 14
#100days100blocks2019

Have a Happy Sunday! 



1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

Such fun retail therapy!!! Sounds like you have lots of sewing plans ahead.