Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Use It Up ~ Reuse, RePurpose and UpCycle


I used scraps from other blocks to make
Block 24  ~ Day 24 
of the #100days100blocks2019 challenge.


The hubs is using my quilting ruler and mat and one of my heavy duty
ceramic knives to cut up an old twin size foam mattress pad
that was left behind by one of our adult children.

We like to find new uses for old and found materials.


I will be making covers for these so they can be repurposed
as chair pads in my son's custom built dining nook benches
for the same adult son in his new home. 

More photos later.

Hope you are having a good Wednesday!  

2 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

An electric knife will cut through foam like a hot knife through warm butter! I love to re-use items as well!

claudia said...

It's great to reuse those items that we can! Especially with the price of new foam "yardage". I have a couch that my grandfather made (YEARS ago) that needs to be rebuilt, refastened, and generally just refurbished. I am going to need to make cushions for it when it is done. I'm not looking forward to the price of the materials for it. I'm looking at ways to recycle anything I can!
Loving block #24! It has my spirit insect...Dragonflies!