Monday, July 29, 2019

Day 29 ~ 149 Days Until Christmas ~ Getting Ready


This is my Christmas in July Quilt Conundrum

Today I went spelunking in my fabric stash cave
and came up with these treasured gems.

I am making a Christmas Quilt, in August, actually.

My daughter and I are both sewing along
and making Christmas quilts with the





They have released the 

They also have a lovely kit in solids


Ultimate Beginner Quilt Kit for Fat Quarter Shop

but I want to make a Christmas quilt and I want to sew my stash.

So I went stash splunking today and came up with these choices: 



(1) North Pole by Stacy Hsu for Moda Fabrics,
which was my favorite Christmas collection from last year
and I scooped up these beauties in the after Christmas sales.
I would add a white solid for the sashing, I think
The print on the upper left is enough for the backing.
I think I would use the red text print as the binding
and the green snow print on the right as the outer border.



(2) Kringles Sweet Shop by Maude Asbury for Blend Fabrics.
This is all yardage and I think there is a gray cookie print that eluded me 
in my search. If I picj this one I will have to explore my stash closet again.
The red and white basic is a Christmas Basics by Lori Holt for Riley Blake fabrics.
I might use a white solid instead. 


(3) Ring the Holly Days by Mary Carey for Henry Glass Fabrics.
The pretty metallic vines is a yard of Bonnie and Camille's Vintage Holiday 
and it is a good color match for the sashing or border.
The red and green dot is another Christmas Basic by Lori Holt for Riley Blake.


(4)  Season's Greetings by Sentimental Studio for Moda Fabrics.
This fat quarter bundle was bought on deep clearance a few years ago 
and I know I have a couple of yards of one of the blue background
fabrics ... somewhere.  I will find it if I pick this one.
The colors are very rich and it has an old-timey Christmas vibe.
I have always wanted to make a quilt with this but I have just never gotten 'round to it.


(5) Last bit not least is this lovely
Glad Tidings FQ Bundle by Brenda Riddle for Moda Fabrics.
I love Brenda Riddle's designs and colors.
If I pick this I will have to look for fabrics to match it.
It should be an easy with these colors 
or I might go find one of these prints online.
I would likely use white or gray sashing as there are light gray prints 
as well as white.

Well those are the choices!

Which would you choose?

I will, of course, also be consulting with my quilty kitty helpers,
my hubby and anyone who stops by. 


Here is Katniss inspecting today's Kinship Sampler quilt block.


Here is Katniss sitting on the block to get an ear rub.


Here, without further furry help,  is today's block!

Day 29 ~ Block 29
#100days100blocks2019

3 comments:

KaHolly said...

I like the rich colors in choice #4! What fun to do a project with your daughter.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Those cupcakes on that one piece is making me hungry!!!!
that is a real pretty piece--but otherwise--I am just not ready to think about
Christmas yet!!!
luv, di

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I'm over somehow from the Thankful Thursday post. Thanks for sharing that quilt along. I really like Kimberly and her videos. This sounds like blocks I could manage and the idea of making it Christmas is tempting. I went through your fabrics...wow, what awesome choices. I really couldn't pick one over the other. I love that you are doing this with your daughter. Happy Sewing!