Saturday, July 6, 2019

Scrappy Saturday ~ SAYG


My first 6 Blocks for the 





The fabrics are
Curio by Betsy Olmsted for Windham Fabrics
 and selected fabrics from my stash.


I played with the block pattern instructions a little
for Block 6
as I wanted to show as much of one of the bell jars as possible.


Then I found a scrap that had the selvage info 
for the fabric line and designer.
Score!


I keep a scrap jar for this project right on my cutting table 
so I can use up my scraps as I go,
especially the small pieces around the fussy cuts
for the focus fabrics in the blocks.

I call this method

SAYG  
 "Scrappy As You Go"

It uses up really nice scraps as I sew my blocks
and keeps them out of my bigger scrap jars
where they may or may not be used later.


I am really happy with this block
and this sew along
and have been able to keep up so far.

Sew Far ~ Sew Good

What are you sewing for Scrappy Saturday?




1 comment:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! Oh, I just love how you fussy cut the bell jar. Just perfect! And the addition of the selvage piece makes it all the more special. This is great! ~smile~ Roseanne