Tuesday, August 6, 2019

A Happy Quilty Day


Today's quilty project was making more batik blocks for 



The quilt now has five different block layouts.


These are the unit pieces I am cutting from my 

I am ending up with a few less than 3.5" scrap pieces,
but after a few trial blocks I decided it was better to have usable scraps
than have to trim my blocks too small and throw away the trimmings.

I want my blocks to be 8.5" when sewn into the quilt
because that is the size of the blocks in the quilt he likes so much.


This is the sashing color he has chosen.
My hubby's favorite color is blue
but he does like all colors, particularly jewel tones and brights.


I also made my Day 37 Block
for the  #100days100blocks2019 challenge.
I decided to take my cute little squirrel block outside for the photo.

It was a happy day of quilting.

Was your day happy and quilty? 

:-) 







2 comments:

Teresa said...

Looking forward to seeing your quilt for your guy come together. Colorful batiks, that should be a great quilt.

claudia said...

Your husband has a great eye for color!
Love the squirrel in block #37.
I wish I had a happy day of quilting. Instead I had a happy day of soreness inducing packing. We're moving!