Saturday, August 31, 2019

Saturday Sewing and Cat Fishing


Today's sewing goal was to finish piecing my




My quilty kitties have been very helpful with this one.
Here I have a row pinned but a very large cat is holding it in place for me
so I had to "lure" her off the top with a strip of scrap fabric,
which is one of her favorite toys.


I got her to jump over to the basket to catch the strip.


Then I quickly whisked the quilt off the table while she claimed her prize.


I knew she would drag her catch back to the table,
where she was having so much fun she drew attention to her play ...


... and she caught another "catfishing" sister kitty.


While the kitties were playing I finished piecing the quilt top.

I really like these 
especially the Teal Parquet fabric that I used in the sashing.
That print reminds me of old fashioned cobblestones.


I also finished the pieced backing for which I made an extra house block. 
I did not have enough of the Kona Seaglass to complete the back
so I found a coordinating fabric in my stash, which is a Riley Blake "Shabby" basic.

Tomorrow I will press my quilt top and backing and load them on my long-arm.

I hope you are having a happy, quilty weekend! 

3 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Awesome quilt holder, and ingenious way to move the quilt holder when necessary.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Lovely quilt. I have two flimsies made and am waiting for Fed Ex to bring what I need to piece the back of one. You outsmarted your kitty!
xx, Carol

Carla said...

I really like this quilt. The houses are simple but cute. Love the colors. I really like that quilt holder. LOL.