Thursday, August 29, 2019

I Like Thursdays Post #25 ~ Good Day Sunshine



Nutmeg and I are sewing sashing on house blocks
for my Poppy Lane Quilt
This has a commitment deadline and I have to get 'er done.

It has been a Happy Thursday.

Today was my hubby's birthday so we went out to his favorite nearby restaurant
 to feast on fresh caught New England seafood at

Fishbones Restaurant

Bacon Wrapped Scallops
followed by a shared Fisherman's Platter.
Mmmmmm ... so good.
No food photos ... I was too busy enjoying.



I did not get his Batik Quilt done,
but I am working on it.

It was actually my second day of dining on succulent seafood.

Last night was a Girl's Night out with three of my oldest friends
and we dined at our favorite get together place

Good Thymes Family Restaurant

I shared a coconut shrimp appetizer
 and baked seafood casserole entree that was so delicious.
Servings are always large enough for two people. 
They also have an in house bakery and the best ever desserts.
I never remember to take food photos.
I am always talking and noshing and it is all gone before I think about it.

Sharing a favorite sunny day song today ... 

Good Day Sunshine, 1966, by the Beatles

with my friendly



I Like Thursday Bloggers @ Not Afraid of Color

Hope to catch up with my blog reading soon.

Hope you are having a Happy Thursday.

4 comments:

claudia said...

Sounds like you have had a great couple of days!
Our heat wave broke with some nice rain overnight. I'm glad I didn't pack up my mucking boots. I get to go play in mud puddles with my critters in a while!

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

What a great food time! I like your house block-can't wait to see the whole quilt.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Love your poppy lane blocks and aren't those fabrics pretty!
Love it when I get to eat out and seafood is often my choice too. I too usually forget to take photos. Happy Returns to Hubby.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Pat! It sounds like you've enjoyed some good eats the last couple of days. I hope DH had a wonderful birthday - that fresh seafood sounds delicious. Nutmeg looks like a big help while you're cutting your sashing strips! Enjoy the holiday weekend. ~smile~ Roseanne