Saturday, August 3, 2019

Scrappy Saturday ~ Kinship Block 34


Saturdays I like to sew scrappy.

Today's Block for the Kinship Fusion Sampler
was a perfect block to sew scrappy.

So I dumped out this project scrap jar onto my cutting table ...


and laid out these little squares and strips for the block.

It was a perfect block for fussy cutting some of the smallest motifs that
had ended up with the scraps when I cut larger motifs for previous blocks.
The larger scraps on the right are for the bottom row of the block,
which I cut after the rest was pieced.


The tone on tone turquoise blue was the best choice 
because all the other fabrics are so busy.

 Day 34 ~ Block 34  ~ Done!

Kinship Fusion Sampler @ Gnome Angel

Since I sewed my scraps today
I am linking up with the scrappy quilters
@

grab button for SoScrappy

Happy Scrappy Saturday! 

6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The fussy cut scraps work perfectly for that block! Looks like it was fun to sew up!

Julierose said...

Nice use of your scraps--isn't it fun to just rifle through them (like in my baskets all alop lol) and actually find things that go together...really nice work hugs, Julierose

claudia said...

Great colors in this block!

The Joyful Quilter said...

A bit of PINK and a bit of bright BLUE. SEW perfect for transition week at the RSC!!

Susie H said...

Your block is very pretty. That was a great day in the sewing room!

Kathy S. said...

Fun fussy cutting!