Sunday, August 4, 2019

Accepting the Challenge


I am sewing along withe the 


Why am I doing a beginner quilt?

Because one thing I have learned about quilting is that there is always something new to learn and the best way to learn it is by doing
and sewing along with my friends. 

In this case, one of my friends is going to be my daughter,
who will be making her first quilt from start to finish.
This makes me sew happy!
We are both sewing Chritsmas Quilts.

I have been  stash hunting and dithering about my fabric choices


I have narrowed down the choices to these two:


(1) Glad Tidings FQ Bundle by Brenda Riddle for Moda Fabrics

The fat quarters in the front are for the blocks,
the light blue for the sashing,
the red/white print for the outer border,
the darker red print for the binding
and the blue print for the backing.
If I decide on these fabrics, I may  see if I can find a yard of the red print 
on the left somewhere for the outer border.


(2) Kringle's Sweet Shop by Maude Asbury for Blend Fabrics.

I have yardage, not fat quarters of these.The red on the right is the same binding fabric
as the other quilt.
For this one I would use the solid white for the sashing.

I have enough of the cupcake print for the outer border and the backing.
Looking at these fabrics, I am almost sure I have another print from the collection 
that was bought at a different place and time so it is in another place in my stash.
It is a gingerbread house print.
There may be a a print with hot chocolate mugs, too.
Tomorrow I am going stash spelunking again
to see if I can unearth them.

Then  I will make my decision
by the time the first block is out on August 8th.

It is a free pattern. 
Are you sewing along??? 

Today turned into an impromptu family day in our backyard.
I had a very good day.
 :-) 



No comments: